I guess it only looked gross

I hope that's not the case, my chickens engulfed an entire turkey (cooked). They acted like it was the best thing they had ever had
sickbyc.gif

Quote:

The other night I boiled down a whole roo carcass and mixed with veggies-put in food processor with 1 lb of boiled rice whala! warm yummy delicious nutritious dinner for the chickens!

Quote:

Yep, we cooked one too many turkey breasts for thanksgiving. The chickens thoroughly enjoyed it and then played kick ball with the carcass.
Why would you not give chickens meat? They are little feathered dinosaurs and need their protein.

Quote:
KiKi gets a very strict diet of a specific brand of cat food. I have to clean her litter box.
sickbyc.gif

She actually ran DH out of the bathroom once when they were both using it at the same time. 'Nuff said?
gig.gif

Quote:
sounds like something i would eat!
tongue.png
lol.png

anyhow i bet they LOVED it. we feed our ladies all kinds of leftovers. sometimes it doesn't mix well. today they had fresh wild salmon, corn and a half eaten jelly doughnut topped with some old gravy. weird, but they didn't mind at all
roll.png

I love that Siamese cat! Sealpoints are my FAVORITES!

My girls love meat of any sort. The other day, I had some beef veggie soup that been sitting in the refigerator almost a week. Smelled fine but I was not hungry for it. So in the microwave it went, after it got hot enough, I threw in a cup or so of oatmeal to soak up the broth and let it cool down while I was making breakfast.

They scarfed it down within 15 minutes after it hit the pan. They loved the bits of meat!

They don't seem to be offended by the weird food mixes we are. Kind of like kids, who will eat all sorts of weird stuff together.

We have two buckets next to our kitchen trash, labeled 'chickens' and 'goats'. The vegetable and fruit and grain scraps are split between the two, dairy goes in the goat bucket, and meat/fish/eggs go in the chicken bucket. When we clean out the refrigerator, they get all sorts of crazy snacks. How about green bean/sloppy joe mix/milk/marshmallow/spaghetti/orange juice soup? The goats went nuts over it! he chickens are a bit more picky, but they never got table scraps before we got them, so they are still learning. They love salad or watermelon, or beef, but that's about all so far. I have a hard time even getting them to eat bread! Silly chickens.

Back
Top Bottom