I had 1 weenie left in the package.......

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Baymule, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    I sure learned my lesson, next time go to the coop with MORE weenies!! My DH wanted hot dogs a couple of weeks ago and there was just one weenie left so I thought the girls would like it. The 6 chicks (6 weeks old) went bezerk when I offered the weenie through the wire. The 2 big girls wanted their share too so I offered them some. I got to laughing so hard, I had one end of the weenie stuck in the chicks cage with them in a pecking frenzy and the 2 hens pecking on the other end. Ouch! That was my finger!! [​IMG] (comes out of coop with bloody stumps where fingers used to be)

2. Jenn1399

Jenn1399 Chillin' With My Peeps

Love it!!

3. Sorin

Sorin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Glenfield, ny
    It sure is funny to watch them go for the treats!

4. JLT9807

JLT9807 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2011
    Louisiana
    [​IMG] that's too funny! I'm gonna try that as a treat soon.

5. swimmer

swimmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2010
    Utah
    When we grill hot dogs, we always cook one for the girls. Now when we light the grill they come running every time even if we are cooking something else.

6. panner123

panner123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Garden Valley, ca
    The same goes for all meat products. I don't like giving them processed products, but am guilty also.
    To many chemicals and salts in it. The next time you have a roast chicken or turkey, place the carcass in the run, turn around twice and you will have only bones left. The potein is good for them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by