I had a chick shower!

chickerdoodle

Songster
10 Years
Aug 21, 2009
Oregon
Hopefully this is the appropriate place for this--I wasn't sure but here goes:

Today a few folks from a chicken yahoo group decided to meet up for a "chick shower" as I am getting my chicks in April
jumpy.gif
. We had never met before but have been chatting on the list for some time. They were all so much fun on line it seemed like a great idea. I told them not to bring presents like many would do for a "real" shower as we never met in person before and just use this a good excuse to meet.

We decided on a bakery that serves other foods too in the city sort of midway for most of us. One of the gals (who I believe was one of the the initial instigators of the shower) brought homemade cupcakes with little fuzzy chicks on them and even party favors of chicks breaking out of their shells along with a table decoration! We got questions and comments from some of the other bakery patrons there and it gave everyone a good laugh. It was sooo much fun to talk chicken and show pictures and review our coop design! It just goes to show how folks can chat on line can really meet and enjoy our passion for chickens. I hope this "chicken shower" thing catches on--go ahead and give it a try!
thumbsup.gif

I'm thinking there haven't been many if any before. I had a puppy shower 15 years ago for Emma, our now ancient terrier. Puppy showers are certainly more popular now so perhaps more new chick owners will get a shower. I thought if ever go to one for someone else I'd bring an empty egg carton---hee hee....
gig.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Oh, that sounds like so much fun! A Chick Shower. I belong to a similar on-line group that endeavors to meet at a restaurant once a month -- but it did not occur to me to organize it like a shower. Very smart.

I hope you get to meet your new friends regularly.

Glad you had a good time.

Jenny

Back
Top Bottom