Status
Not open for further replies.

cheeptrick

Songster
12 Years
May 1, 2007
New Hampshire
sad.png

I've closed all my accounts and am getting my credit reports.
Just a warning...you can never be too safe! Luckily I've only got 1 card and a GUN in case someone tries to collect on the order they made fraudulently in my NAME! I'm shipping it back!
barnie.gif

Last edited:
Can you elaborate on your situation. Exactly how did it happen? Sorry for your troubles. This world we live in is getting more and more ridiculous! It's eventually gonna be every man or woman for themselves. Sitting on their front porch, shotgun in hand to run off the bad guys. I hate this world we live in! People are just awful!!

I had that happen a few years ago. The funny thing was, ALL the stuff being ordered was diet pills and diet vitamins and stuff like that. I am 5'7" tall and weighed 130 lbs LOL..... I got it all fixed thank god, but it does really freak you out. It makes you rally wonder about stuff. Sorry you had it happen.

Wendy

It was a LAPTOP computer for $795! The company was a cosmetics company WHO I've reported called GIO Pelle, Inc. I've still another order for $495. Let's see if they ship it to me like the laptop.
I'm never placing another order online! Luckily my credit card company caught it and called me! :thun

I was so lucky mine was no where near that much $$$. Even thought it got fixed, thats alot of money and it has to be very freaky. I still shop online, but only sites i know.

Sorry you are going through this! That is horrid.

I had placed an order online at a seed company a year and a half ago. I'm sort of nervous, so never "keep my # on file". Well.. someone hacked into their computer. We got a call from our bank 6mos ago! Thankfully, none of our money was taken, but it took them a YEAR to advise us of the situation and to give us a new card. SCARY.

The whole move away from cash toward credit sort of sets us up for some of this. Not sure I'll be buying anything else online in the near future.

Hope it all gets straightened out. What the heck was the point of sending it to YOUR address?

Meghan

How can you say you hate this world???? There are lots of good people in this world!! Don't let a few bad apples spoil your view on the world. What a beautiful world we have....go take a walk in the woods for heavens sake...
smack.gif

I had the same scare a few years ago with pay-pal through e-bay. Right before Christmas, had to close out everything, do the credit reports etc. and it was both horrible and scary. I still do not have another pay-pal account to this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom