I had to give up my chickens

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Andi, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Andi

Andi Chillin' With My Peeps

A guy just came and got my girls. I'm moving into an apartment and that means no pets, chickens or aquariums. I've rehomed my lovebird, my dog and some of my fish, but its not until my girls left that the tears started pouring out. Darn chickens! I'm going to miss those goofy little girls so much! Darn it, I'm balling again.

Here's some pics of my, I guess, used to be my girls.

BA, short for Bad A**, which my son named because she had a racing stripe down the center of her head as a chick.
    [​IMG]

Blackie, the queen chicken and the one that was the talker of the flock.
    [​IMG]

Nellie, the curious one that was always the one to see what was happening first, whether it was treats or someone doing something in the yard.
    [​IMG]

Lucy, my favorite (and the one the guy that picked them up liked best). She's a total sweet heart and is the one who enjoyed getting her neck scratched.
    [​IMG]

I hope I'll have the opportunity to have chickens again some day. Before I got chickens I had no idea that they would be so personable and have individual personalities. I certainly didn't expect to get not only attached to them, but SO ATTACHED! I got the chickens for the eggs. Funny thing is the eggs is the least of what's eating me up about having to get rid of them. Interesting how life changes perspectives on you.

2. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    So sorry for your situation! I really hope some chickens out there will be lucky enough to have you as an owner again someday! [​IMG]

3. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    aww honey you will have chickens again [​IMG]

4. TipsyDog

TipsyDog Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2009
    Aregua, Paraguay
    So sorry! [​IMG]

5. QuinnP

QuinnP Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Oregon
    [​IMG]I am so sorry you had to do this. HUGS HUGS

6. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    [​IMG]

7. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    I'm sorry. [​IMG]

8. For-The-Love-Of-Chickens

For-The-Love-Of-Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Washington State
    So sorry! We are looking at this very situation soon as well- moving back to an apartment. Especially since the county came to dig the test holes for the new road that looks like it will go right through the septic drain field and house we are currently renting until February. It's funny that the thing I am most upset about is having to find new homes for our flock of fuzzy butts. We will certainly miss them!

[​IMG]

9. denim deb

denim deb Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2010
    So sorry for you. At least if I ever needed to move into a place where I can't have pets, I have a place to put my chickens, goats and rabbits. I'd be able to move them out to the farm where I board my horse. [​IMG]

10. Rockin' Reds

Rockin' Reds Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2010
    Penrose, Colorado
    [​IMG] I'm so very sorry you had to give up your girls. Big [​IMG] to you!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by