I hatched a chick from eggs from Sprouts!

HonkABC

Chirping
Jul 30, 2022
I hatched this chick from these eggs. There were originally two, but one was eaten by a hawk. It is around 7 days old.
8F508342-E8E0-465B-A0ED-EE869C6FFB02.png
C2C1F6A4-86B0-4BAB-9248-FD0DE4F63E5A.jpeg

I hatched this chick from these eggs. There were originally two, but one was eaten by a hawk. It is around 7 days old.View attachment 3313076View attachment 3313077
Wow! I’ve heard of other people hatching chicks from store bought eggs but it’s pretty uncommon. Do you have any other chicks for him to be with/could you buy one or two? Chickens are flock animals and they don’t do well on there own. He looks pretty strong and healthy though. Have you named him?

Congrats he/ she looks great @BelovedBirds incubated store bought duck eggs and has two ducks that will be 1 year old at Xmas time
My son also put my double yolk twin egg in the fridge on me when I was debating if I should incubate it
It’s now end of day 9 and both babies are going strong
Although my egg wasn’t in the fridge long it was in long enough to get it pretty cool

Congratulations on the new chick.

I’d advise getting some more chicks around it’s age. It’s going to be a lot less lonely then.

I have hatched store eggs before, but I look for local eggs that are sold in the store, and also health food stores, most name brand eggs are not even fertile. I also ask how old they are. Them being washed first is also bad.

I check the air cell when I get them home and let them warm to room temp for a day.

Back
Top Bottom