I HATE glue traps!

rehric00

Songster
6 Years
Apr 3, 2013
I absolutely hate glue traps. I have ever since the first mouse we caught on one... But my fiancé keeps buying them :/ I have seen mice scared and freaking out, but the worst was one that literally tried to chew itself off... But he keeps buying them!! UGHHH! Yes, they catch mice, but that's it! Again tonight, I get up bc I can't sleep, and there is a cute, bug-eyed field mouse, stuck to a stupid trap. Ok, I hate mice also, so I'm not gonna try to free it, I don't want it to suffer, I can't shoot it or ill wake the neighborhood (and fiancé), I hate to smash it with a brick (I've done that before and hate that as well!)... So I through it outside and hope a cat takes care of it...

Meanwhile, I feel so guilty about it, I go back outside to do something about it and I see a couple of huge deer right up by our deck! Awesome! Anyway, they ran and I'm stuck with dealing with this mouse.... Luckily, it got off on its own-free and clear, just a little bit of hair left behind. Thank God it didn't suffer too much, couldn't have been on for more than an hour total. I can sleep better tonight...

I threw all the other glue traps away, lol. Better half will just have to deal with it! Gonna have to find some good old fashioned traps that kill instantly....

Am I the only one who feels this way?!

He says they don't work as good... But he's not the one who has to wake up to them every day. It so sad. I'm gonna start throwing them all away. It's so sad...

I'm gonna tell him again tomorrow. I don't think he will appreciate me letting that on go, but hopefully it will get the point across ;)

I absolutely hate glue traps. I have ever since the first mouse we caught on one... But my fiancé keeps buying them
hmm.png
I have seen mice scared and freaking out, but the worst was one that literally tried to chew itself off... But he keeps buying them!! UGHHH! Yes, they catch mice, but that's it! Again tonight, I get up bc I can't sleep, and there is a cute, bug-eyed field mouse, stuck to a stupid trap. Ok, I hate mice also, so I'm not gonna try to free it, I don't want it to suffer, I can't shoot it or ill wake the neighborhood (and fiancé), I hate to smash it with a brick (I've done that before and hate that as well!)... So I through it outside and hope a cat takes care of it...

Meanwhile, I feel so guilty about it, I go back outside to do something about it and I see a couple of huge deer right up by our deck! Awesome! Anyway, they ran and I'm stuck with dealing with this mouse.... Luckily, it got off on its own-free and clear, just a little bit of hair left behind. Thank God it didn't suffer too much, couldn't have been on for more than an hour total. I can sleep better tonight...

I threw all the other glue traps away, lol. Better half will just have to deal with it! Gonna have to find some good old fashioned traps that kill instantly....

you threw a glue trap with a mouse attached to it outside in hopes a cat will take care of it?.. sorry.. but that's a good way to get a glue trap stuck to some other critter.. I've had to remove kittens from glue traps people threw outside.. they get stuck to them just as easily as a mouse or rat does. So please dispose of them properly instead of just tossing them outside.

as a note.. using room temperature cooking oil usually does the job of getting a critter off of a glue trap with minimal damage to skin and fur.. but then the animal needs a bath to remove the oil.

Toss the glue traps and go buy yourself some snap-traps. If he says anything, just tell him that you're on mouse patrol from now on, and it's no longer his problem. Glue traps are cruel, in my opinion.

Get yourself some RAT snap traps with the big yellow pan. They are very versatile and work very well for mice, rats, chipmunks, flying squirrels, red squirrels, weasels, voles and shrews.
I keep some set in my shed at all times and mice don't survive them.

No, you are not. Glue traps are an abhorrent way to kill rodents. We pretend to call ourselves a civilized society, but when you can get these torture traps for a few dollars then what does that say about us? There are many quick killing alternatives to glue traps, yet people are callous enough to use the most barbaric trap on the market. Setting ethics aside, the trap itself encourages disease transmission because it causes the animal to frequently pee and poop. And since it doesn't kill it straight away, it gives a chance for the animal to escape - sometimes with a missing leg.

These traps should be illegal. Or at the very least, only allowed in professional hands with guidelines how to euthanize the animal humanely. I do not trust the average homeowner to do the right thing when it comes to these traps - many people are squeamish and don't want to face reality in the face, the reality that they're making another animal suffer slowly and painfully. "Out of sight, out of mind" as they say. The traps come with instructions to just throw the animal out into the bin, even if it's still alive. Many people who are confronted with a distressed, injured, live animal are frozen and unable to act appropriately. They are disgusting, unnecessary and in my mind, their use is not justified in a society that dislikes unnecessary cruelty to animals.

No one's saying to leave them alone to cause more problems, but if you have to kill something, make it quick. Gluing a mouse onto a sheet of plastic and starving it to death should not be acceptable.

Back
Top Bottom