i. hate. heartburn.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by sdshoars, Nov 6, 2008.

1. sdshoars

sdshoars Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    i have had heartburn for like a weeks straight! the zantac gets rid of it, but i left it at home [​IMG]! this is getting ridiculous. and i can't take off to go to the dr. not that they would do anything for me anyways... sigh. thanks for listening to me whine!

2. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

my friend SWEARS by "roasted Almonds" he says 3 or 4 and his heartburn is gone.

3. sdshoars

sdshoars Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    hmm... almonds are good too!

4. warren

warren Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2007
    UK
    You should take time off to go to the doc. Your health is worth looking after. If you really can't, can you keep off greasy food and anything rich that upsets your tum? Hope you feel better soon.

5. Dash Riprock

Dash Riprock Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2008
    Northeast GA
    Quote:1 tsp of baking soda into 5-6 oz of tap water. Chug....BURP!....problem solved. Works every time.

[​IMG]

Dash

6. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    be careful with heartburn.It can signal that there is something "worse" going on with your body. Like Galstones. My mom and my friend both had severe heartburn and it ended up that they both needed their gall stone removed

7. I highly recommend a doctor but Ihave found that drinking half &half milk coats my stomach and helps a lot.If it's for GERD I have taken it but found that the half and Half works as good as anything. GERD=bad case of acid reflux marrie

8. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    I had heartburn several years ago Water would set me off lol I finally went to the Doctor and they found I had an H-pylori ulser. I had to take antibotics,Pepto bismo and prilosic 4 times a day for three weeks It finally went away If its persistent go to the doctor you never know.

9. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    I had massive heartburn almost every day since high school. We tried every medication and every test. Some of the medications made me very ill.

One day I began to follow the Blood Type Diet on the advice of my spiritual mom (I am Type A).

Literally four days later, my heartburn went away for good. I have been good now for 17 months, and I also lost 35 pounds.

I tested to find out which foods had been causing the heartburn by eating 3 or 4 servings a day of a specific food over a period of 2-3 days.

Beef we probably used to eat it 3-4 times a week - chili, spaghetti, hamburgers, meatloaf, tacos, etc...

Tomatoes being from the South, we grew our own and ate tomatoes in some form at almost every meal

Potatoes same as above

I think those three foods were the most-consumed in our home for my whole lifetime.

Nowadays I can eat one serving of any of those three foods over a period of a few days, and I do not get heartburn. If I overdo it - for example at a picnic with huge hamburgers and several kinds of potato salad, I suffer the old heartburn for a day or two afterward.

Anyway, for what it's worth!... [​IMG]

Here is the link to the BTD website: http://www.dadamo.com/

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  10. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I was watching Food Detective a few days back and saw that vinegar will naturally neutralize any stomach acid. Weird. I can't remember how you were supposed to take it though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by