I hate ice. I hate winter.

LinckHillPoultry

Songster
12 Years
Jan 17, 2008
Pennsylvania
Gah!! :mad:

I hate ice. And I wish winter was over because I hate them both!

How many of you have had something along the lines of this happen:

I went out to check eggs again this morning, because I want all the eggs I can get to put in my one bator. I had already checked them earlier and got 5 eggs. So I figured I'd go out again and check.
So I went out with my basket and pulled my broody off the daily eggs, and I got 2 eggs. So I was walking back to the house with my eggs in the basket and I hit a patch of ice. The basket flew through the air and I flew towards the ground.
Out flew the eggs right towards the ground and bam. No more eggs.
UGH! I'm so furious.
And to add to that, it was a thin patch of ice so once I hit I broke the ice and got sopping wet from the water within.

GAH! :mad:

I hate ice.

Quote:
I was saying to my Dad the other day it seems like all we get anymore up here is sleet, freezing rain, or ultra-wet snow that turns to slush when it hits the ground. I don't ever remember it being like this before. You had sleet/freezing rain once in a great while, not twice a week like it's been this winter.

I agree, time for winter to go!
rant.gif

Last edited:
Yay rain here and then last night It frose and I had some ticked off chickens and I don't like this warm cold switching thing either.

Henry

We are just digging our way out of the massive snowstorm we got over the weekend, this is the worst one yet!! I haven't seen this much snow since I was a kid. It is time for winter to go away, but apparently according to the weather man it's not over and may continue into April.
barnie.gif

I hate it to I could not even get home from work last night because it had iced on so bad. We had snow and ice all day. My car had at least an inch of ice on it went i took off. When i finally got home this morning I came home to tons of more snow. When is it going to stop

I hate ice. And I wish winter was over because I hate them both

ME, TOO! We have both, even though I live in the South, I'm in the mountains at 2000 ft, so we get a little snow on occasion. I have lived in Ohio, Utah and Colorado, too, so I've had enough snow to last my lifetime. Utah and Colorado are so dry that I didnt mind those so much.​

I am ready for summer too, but then we will all be saying "when is the heat gonna go away?" All rain here then froze this smorning, I got e-mail from sister in OH they had 14 inches on sat and it was still coming down. I will be happy with the rain.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom