I hate it when chickens die.

I'm so sorry for your losses....
hugs.gif
hit.gif
And I have never had to do that, because I've never been there when one of our chickens died (although it was just as painful to hear the news about it) so my dad was always the one who buried them. I would never be able to do it. When my dad buries them, it takes me a while before I can go outside to where they are buried because it's just too painful. One of our Buff Orpington hens died last month, but it's too cold to bury her and the ground is frozen, so she has been in the garage in a bag. One of our chicken coops is in the garage, so whenever I go out there to feed/water or collect eggs from the coop, I see the bag with poor Caramel in it and it makes me so sad.
hit.gif
I can't wait until the ground thaws so she will finally be able to be buried in peace.

Again, I'm so sorry for the chickens you lost. It's kinda ignorant, no offense to your parents/brother, that they don't care about how upset you are, whether the chickens are your responsibility or not.
hmm.png
Even if they don't care about your chickens, they should care enough about you to comfort you and help you when you're upset, especially when you've lost someone you've loved that much. It shouldn't matter whether they know what it feels like to bond with your chickens so much and then have some of them taken away. If it were me, it would have made me mad for them to treat me like that if I was in a time of loss and sadness like you are.

I hope you have happier days ahead...Don't be too sad about it. Remember that your chickens that have passed are probably up free ranging in heaven together and at peace.
hu.gif
g

I feel for you. I lost 2 chickens this morning as well. One was a bantam rooster that drown, and the other was a Buff Orpington hen, the hen I think had been sleeping and then fell off the roost and broke her neck. I was so sad. I'm SO sorry for you ...
hugs.gif
:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

I feel for ya. I have four chickens too. I just got back from the vet with one of them today and I was told she probally won't make it. I am very attached to them. It really broke my heart.

Back
Top Bottom