I hate it when

ChooksinChoppers

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 24, 2011
Ocala, Florida.
People salt and pepper the food I make for them before they even taste it
rant.gif
OR add bbq or other sauces to dishes that don't need it!

Last edited:
b.hromada :

I hear you! My hubby salts EVERYTHING!! And I do mean, everything. Good thing he doesn't have high blood pressure, huh?
idunno.gif

Mine does the same thing but I think it has something to do with working outside in the heat all day.​

My Dad always said when people added ketchup or other sauces to food .....(he is from Aus) "It's a ruination of good tucker"
old.gif
But I have learned to "spice things up a bit for american peeps....but really.... my new boarder the other day wanted some worstershire sauce (not soy like I offered) to add to his already yummy pork fried rice
hu.gif
"no offense" he says.....
rant.gif

I have never eaten pies or sausage rolls with ketchup
tongue.png
Most people I know drench their pastries in the stuff, but I reckon it spoils the taste
old.gif

I sort of hate it when I cook something tasty and dh goes and pours super hot habanero salsa on it. I know all he can taste is the salsa lol.
My dd puts ketchup on everything!

Last edited:
I cook without salt, so everyone salts to taste at mealtime.

It's foolish to salt without tasting. It's possible for something to come to the table that is already salty, or even over-salted, and in that case you don't want more salt on it.

Well, not completely without salt. I use half the measure of salt called for in my baked goods, and nobody has ever complained about the taste or texture.

Quote:
LOL! When I was little, my parents put ketchup on everything! So, of course I did too. And all we had to drink in the house was soda, or milk, because our water was terrible. Then my parents moved and I decided to stay since I was in nursing school, so I went to live with my grandparents. They don't use ketchup for anything, and had a water purifier, only drank soda for special occasions. Totally changed my palate, and now I almost never put ketchup on anything, and I never drink soda. My parents moved back, and I bought them a water purifier
smile.png
. I was appalled when I would come over for dinner and I would think of all of the stuff they ate ketchup on (like even fried rice). Belch! They still drink a lot of soda though. I pretty much can't stand it now. It's funny because my hubby and I only eat ketchup on hot dogs, and sometimes hamburgers, but not even then much. So we buy the smallest bottle of ketchup you can buy and it lasts us a year. My hubby does like A-1 for steaks, and adds heat to foods that are supposed to be spicy hot (I don't like it much over medium heat, so he adds extra to his).

What irritates me is when my hubby opens up the pot and seasons without telling me. Like the other day I made a crock pot chicken cacciatore. The sauce was going great. I told my hubby to go ahead and make the noodles that the stuff in the crock was ready. When it was served it tasted great but the sauce was way too thin. I was ticked at myself because I thought I had it right until it was served. Then about an hour after dinner my hubby laughed at me and said that he diluted the sauce with water. I was ticked. I make a healthier version and use boneless skinless chicken breast instead of the thighs my recipe calls for. So the sauce will be thicker and there's always more tomato juice in the fridge or chicken stock in the cupboard that can be used. So he let me think I screwed up the thickness of the sauce when it was him. See certain dishes are mine to make, certain dishes are his, and certain dishes are a collaboration. If he doesn't know how the recipe goes then he needs to lay the hell off of it or say something first. Ugh he did the same with my chicken mushroom dish last month. He decided to make it for me but didn't ask how mainly because it's super easy. Season and saute chicken till lightly brown, add large can cream of mushroom soup, lid, 20 minutes. I wondered why the sauce was so thick until I got the taste of flour in my mouth. I said season not flour and season. And in the past he's instructed me to add water when it's something he's never made and you don't add water. But when I make a dish that is his I always know the recipe first or ask questions.

Back
Top Bottom