I hate Long beach ca

The Long Beach Press Telegram mentioned the urban agriculture meetings on the front page yesterday. Below is a link to the article. Although the article is supportive, I have a feeling the issue will now be on the radar of many more residents. There could be a lot more people showing up against relaxing the ordinances to keep chickens at the meeting on the 26th after reading it.

http://www.presstelegram.com/news/ci_20886089/residents-want-long-beach-allow-livestock

Last edited:
I have been getting my organic feed at Blacksmiths corner, but think I am going to be changing now. All my rabbit and misc supplies and hay I get at Midway City feed.
Hey Sue!!!
frow.gif
I have to say that I love Blacksmith's Corner for the atmosphere.... but yikes the prices are ridiculous. I love Midway City Feed though.... not the place to go if you want a "chat" but let's face it.... not always what I want when I'm out for some feed. The man there actually tried to talk me out of Organic feed. I'm thinking about making some of my own feed when I have a winning lotto ticket.

BTW, did you read the article from the Press Telegram that was posted up there??? My Mom called me to tell me that she was just sure it was me who was quoted ..... uh huh.... that's me. Nice.

Awwwww, your mama knows you so well
wink.png
The only reason I go to Blacksmiths corner is because the last two times I went to get organic feed at Midway City they were sold out. I am totally going to check out Kruse's Feed....they even have organic rabbit pellets cheaper than anywhere else I have found.

I'll have to try Kruse's. My chickens were allowed to free range the whole yard before I inherited them, so I think they are used to foraging quite a lot. They have a pretty big run with us, about 20 by 30 feet? So they should be getting a pretty fair amount of hunting and pecking, but I think we gave them too many "treats" when we first got them and now they just leave most of the pellets on the ground after throwing them our of the feeder. They wait for table scraps and meal worms. I think we spoiled them!

Awwwww, your mama knows you so well
wink.png
The only reason I go to Blacksmiths corner is because the last two times I went to get organic feed at Midway City they were sold out. I am totally going to check out Kruse's Feed....they even have organic rabbit pellets cheaper than anywhere else I have found.
Whoa.... never heard of that place but will be goooooogling it immediately! Love looking at new places. Was trying to find a new recipe to make my own, but what a pain in the tush given where we live.

There are 3 feed stores in Orange on Chapman that carry organic chicken feed.
The Hitchin' Post, Covered Wagon & Foothill Feed.

Thanks for the tip Mshap! I think I stopped by two of those for some feed when I was in the area a year ago....nice places.
Need to run out there at some point and see them.... hear they're quite nice.

Sooooo Sue...... interested in any new babies for your flock??

Back
Top Bottom