I hate raccons so much

ben is a terror

Songster
8 Years
Apr 9, 2011
LBI,NJ & JIM THORPE,PA
A coon reached through our chain link fence and did this. Dimmie was 3 weeks old at the time. Lots of vet trips and living on a special mash he survived. He is 3 now and living with his special friend Waddles who got a broken wing and leg. They live at a special needs farm. He does get frost bite on his tongue sometimes. Please be careful!!! I just got to visit him. he is living with his friend Waddles. unfortunately the can't live with the other waterfowl because he can't defend himself. He and Waddles are in love and won't go anywhere with out each other It is nice to see them so happy. I really hate coons
rant.gif
somad.gif

85863_img_0006.jpg

that's so kind of you to get him all the medical attention he needed! and so cool that there's a place for them at the farm
smile.png

glad to see that he's lived so long!!!

Thank you for sharing Dimmie's story. It is wonderful that you gave him the care he needed to survive, and that now he can be such a lovely companion for Waddles. I am glad here in Australia we do not have some of the predators that you do. Foxes and feral cats or dogs are the biggest problem we have here. There are a few others in Tasmania like the Quoll and Tasmanian Devil - but not on the mainland.

It's sad when predators attack our pets. I'm glad you were able to find a home for Dimmie. I have several special needs ducks. This is one of them.

I got her from a friend who picked up 5 ducks from someone that couldn't care for them anymore. My friend called me knowing I would take care of this one. I named her Sunny because she's always bouncing around happy and always looks like she's smiling. She was born this way. Yes, I have to watch for frost bite, but she eats more than all my other ducks. She will even jump for treats out of my hand! I
love.gif
her so much!!!

Picture010-2.jpg

The poor thing.
sad.png
i'm glad it recovered and you have a good set-up in place. I don't hate racoons.. i mean, it's not like they "know" these birds are pets. I have one that is touch n go right now myself.. a typical reach through attack. I'm unsure whether it will make it, there was improvement and then we had a wicked storm(basically tornado) and it took a turn for the worse. We're doing what we can and hope time will be it's friend but i admit i am realistic with it's prognosis.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom