I hate raccons so much

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ben is a terror, Jun 12, 2011.

1. ben is a terror

ben is a terror Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    LBI,NJ & JIM THORPE,PA
    A coon reached through our chain link fence and did this. Dimmie was 3 weeks old at the time. Lots of vet trips and living on a special mash he survived. He is 3 now and living with his special friend Waddles who got a broken wing and leg. They live at a special needs farm. He does get frost bite on his tongue sometimes. Please be careful!!! I just got to visit him. he is living with his friend Waddles. unfortunately the can't live with the other waterfowl because he can't defend himself. He and Waddles are in love and won't go anywhere with out each other It is nice to see them so happy. I really hate coons [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    Oh that sucks [​IMG]

3. pekinduck<3er

pekinduck<3er Chillin' With My Peeps

i hate raccoon too they steal and they ate all my broody cayugas eggs............ but im sorry for your incedent [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. rivers2011

rivers2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2011
    Port Perry, ON
    that's so kind of you to get him all the medical attention he needed! and so cool that there's a place for them at the farm [​IMG]
    glad to see that he's lived so long!!!

5. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    I hate raccoons too!! I just lost my beautiful blue and white scovie to a coon [​IMG]

You are kind to help [​IMG]

6. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Thank you for sharing Dimmie's story. It is wonderful that you gave him the care he needed to survive, and that now he can be such a lovely companion for Waddles. I am glad here in Australia we do not have some of the predators that you do. Foxes and feral cats or dogs are the biggest problem we have here. There are a few others in Tasmania like the Quoll and Tasmanian Devil - but not on the mainland.

7. pekinduck<3er

pekinduck<3er Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

dhfbabdf

8. keyt1969

keyt1969 Chillin' With My Peeps

It's sad when predators attack our pets. I'm glad you were able to find a home for Dimmie. I have several special needs ducks. This is one of them.

I got her from a friend who picked up 5 ducks from someone that couldn't care for them anymore. My friend called me knowing I would take care of this one. I named her Sunny because she's always bouncing around happy and always looks like she's smiling. She was born this way. Yes, I have to watch for frost bite, but she eats more than all my other ducks. She will even jump for treats out of my hand! I [​IMG] her so much!!!

[​IMG]

9. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    The poor thing. [​IMG] i'm glad it recovered and you have a good set-up in place. I don't hate racoons.. i mean, it's not like they "know" these birds are pets. I have one that is touch n go right now myself.. a typical reach through attack. I'm unsure whether it will make it, there was improvement and then we had a wicked storm(basically tornado) and it took a turn for the worse. We're doing what we can and hope time will be it's friend but i admit i am realistic with it's prognosis.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  10. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    Awww, that's awful! I'm glad, though, he got away with the rest of him intact. I've seen what coons can do to a bird.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by