I hate Spinach!!

I make a mean lasagna with spinach mixed in with ricotta and mushrooms for the filling. Even my brother, who also hates spinach, likes this. But brownies :eek: wrong, wrong, wrong in so many ways!
Liz

I agree, great in lasagna, bad in brownies! I grew tons of spincah in last years garden. I chopped it and froze it. Then later put it in spinach dip. 1 cup mayo, 1c sour cream and 1 pkg ranch dressing mix. Serve in bread bowl w/bread chunks and/or tortilla chips! My family loves it!

Eeeeuuww, spinach brownies? Really? Urgh. How horrible for you! And what a waste of chocolate
wink.png

But (and I say this as someone who grew up hating spinach and has never really gotten over it), spinach is actually just fine in things like meatloaf, meatballs, spaghetti sauce, a fritatta, stroganoff, etcetera. And it does make 'em look nice too
smile.png
I now use rather a LOT of spinach for someone who basically dislikes it <g>. So don't write it off entirely
smile.png

Pat

Greatest sympathy on the spinach brownies. Are you sure it wasn't something else green in the brownies? My mom is an old hippy.
wink.png
I knew better than to eat the brownies with the green stuff in them.

Just tell your wife the chickens have a chlorophyll deficiency and if you didn't feed them the spinach, they'd bleach out and die.

It might work! And stay away from green brownies!

Cheers,
Michelle

I used to be a "no cooked spinach" person, but then I got a few new recipes...

Chicken cordon bleu...chicken breast pounded flat and about a quarter inch thick. A thin, almost shaved slice of pruschitto or smoked ham, an equally thin slice of swiss cheese, and some baby spinache leaves, all layered on the chicken, then roll the chicken up and hold the roll closed with wooden toothpick.

350 degree oven for 20 minutes or so (until juices run clear when stuck with a fork).

Serve on a bed of wild brown rice, and cover with a bachemel sauce.

If you want a side veggie, steamed asparagus goes well with this.

Bob

PS...but NEVER in brownies...yech!

I love spinach! cooked or raw.
I make a mean spinach mannicotti!
DH loves my spinach quiche
I used to make a real econimical meal when my kids were little, I called it moosh because that's what it looked like.Mashed potaotes(leftover is fine too), any meat(sometimes I would chop liver up fine, but they would find it every time!), any veggies, mushrooms, onions, gr, peppers, any cheese, butter, seasonings. It was a great way to use up leftovers and it was always changing. Sometimes I put gravy on it. It is good with spinach also.

Monica

Back
Top Bottom