I Hate to Say It, But,

Pics
But really, how many people will he be around? I am sorry, but I have a soft spot for roosters - they are so abused and misunderstood, not by us, but by the industry. They are trying to do their jobs

Would you tolerate a vicious dog?

Rameses has been a good boy who never gave me a moment's concern until this past month when, for some reason, he changed his attitude.

I was going to replace him this fall anyway because he'd have been breeding his great-granddaughters. The difference is a few months and the fact that he'll be going into the crockpot instead of being sold as part of a breeding trio.

Would you tolerate a vicious dog?

Rameses has been a good boy who never gave me a moment's concern until this past month when, for some reason, he changed his attitude.

I was going to replace him this fall anyway because he'd have been breeding his great-granddaughters. The difference is a few months and the fact that he'll be going into the crockpot instead of being sold as part of a breeding trio.
Then it is time for him now. You don't have to defend your decision with me or anyone else.

I don't understand what you are saying? It may just be that I have not had coffee yet today
I haven't had coffee yet either, lol 🤣 I should make some.
My point was that you had questioned her decision about what she was going to do with her rooster and when she defended her position, you said you didn't have to justify herself. Just asking the question that is she not allowed to answer criticisms.

Ramses will have had a very good life, with one bad day, or few minutes, at the end. That is a much better life than 99.99999% of male chickens ever get.

If it happens this fall or this week, well, so be it. I'll miss seeing pictures of him, as he is gorgeous. For my "pictures of gorgeous rooster" sake, I hope it's this fall.

I haven't had coffee yet either, lol 🤣 I should make some.
My point was that you had questioned her decision about what she was going to do with her rooster and when she defended her position, you said you didn't have to justify herself. Just asking the question that is she not allowed to answer criticisms.
Of course she is...I just sense that there is trepidation - most understandable, and a little bit of defensiveness - again, most understandable - and I just wanted her to know - I have no judgment. I should have been more clear.

This is the problem with getting a rooster to be fine with one person. It won't translate into 'fine with everyone', so he's still a danger to all other humans, large or small. Not good!
Mary
Each person has to go through the process of developing the relationship with each rooster. Really, if you think about it - it is the same for hens, just not physical. My speckled sussex, honks so loudly at my husband because he doesn't spend enough time with the hens and she doesn't like strangers.

Back
Top Bottom