I have 20 chickens, and we have to rent.

AtlantisPeeps

Songster
5 Years
May 19, 2014
US
I own 20 chickens. They are my pets and I love them dearly. Our house is in the process of being sold, and then we have to move into a rental home. What do I do about my chickens? My mother is drilling me to the point of me breaking out in tears about us giving them away (To unresponsible people who's chickens die horrible deaths every day). I try to explain to her that we can speak to the renters about allowing us to have chickens. She just says it would be easier to shoot them all in the head. We are literally just now looking at rental homes and I don't see why we can't find a place that can suit all of our needs. Money is not a problem. I'm bawling right now because I don't know what to do. I'm the only one that cares about them. My sister even joins in with "THEYRE JUST STUPID CHICKENS". I came here looking for advice because I feel alone. What should I say/do?

Last edited:
First off, I am very sorry:( That stinks. Chicken are like family. I would definitely speak to the owners of properties you are interested in, but I'm not sure how many renters would allow that. It is always worth a try:) A plan B would be to find someone to home the chickens(besides theses irresponsible owners), maybe people on here would like them? Don't give up on them:) Hope you find a good solution!

Are you going to be living with your mom and your sister? If they are so unsupportive maybe you can find a place of your own that will let you have chickens.

I'm sorry your family is not being supportive... I think I would just tell them I'm not talking to them about that subject anymore, and then stick to it. I hope you can find somewhere that will let you keep your chickens.

Hope you can find the place that you can have your chicken with you :) . For me I don't want it to happen but if somebody kill the chicken for food with respected I would accept that. But I can't accept and would feel really sad if the chicken will be eaten alive by snake or KoDoMo Dragon. I am trying to find a new home for my cute rooster orpington right now.

Who is paying for the house? If you are financially dependant on your mother, you don't really have much of a say in where you end up living. Giving up the birds may be the only option if you are still a minor. It sucks, but that's just reality. If you are an adult, it may be time to become financially independent and find your own place to live.
If you are the one that is going to be paying for everything, than it is your decision on where live.

Back
Top Bottom