I have 28 hens... I sold 5 doz eggs this morning... guess what?

Yep, if I didn't have eggs in the Fridge there's NO way I'm going to the store to buy some. I'm waitin' til tomorrow.

sickbyc.gif
I'd be like Baymule and just squeeze the hens

I opened my big mouth and asked my girls....Want French Toast for dinner?

Forgot, I gave 8 eggs to my neighbor today, still had 6, but pullet size, so that only adds up to 3 large eggs. Had to break out the ....store bought eggs.
sickbyc.gif

My mom gets store bought for baking with, figures hers are too good not to be tasted as they are.

Even though I am the one that built the coop, hauls the feed.....she manages to sell all the eggs to her friends and forgets to save any for me! lol

I have sold all my eggs to neighbors before leaving me none.I felt bad not giving anything when they asked.

LOL I fuss at my mom for buying eggs instead of walking next door to my house and getting some. Although this weekend, while I was at a chicken show, she brough my neice ove (6 yrs old) to collect eggs and then took them home. I didnt mind. I usually reserve quiches and "breakfast for dinner" when I have alot of eggs, or I'm too lazy to go to the store. :)

I had been trying to talk myself into scrambling up about two dozen or so eggs this past week to feed to my LGDs and the chickens....I had eight dozen in the fridge and had not had any calls, they were starting to take up too much room in the fridge. Then yesterday, a customer called and said that he needed 5 dozen. I got them together and drove to meet him. On the way, another (cold call) call comes in from a different man for another 5 dozen...... I couldn't believe it :). Couldn't fill it either. He said that he passes this way once a month and will keep my number. Thank goodness that my young pullets are all starting to lay. I still sell the pullet eggs, but at a reduced rate. My customers don't seem to mind and usually just buy double the amount when I tell them on the phone that all I have are pullet eggs. However, my BCMs are starting to lay again after about a one month hiatus, that will help as they are older girls. We don't mind eating the pullet eggs either, they are just as yummy :)

Back
Top Bottom