I have 3 gold laced Orpington chicks 6 weeks are they all Roos? :(

Murgi78

Hatching
7 Years
Aug 10, 2012
Hi I recently hatched 3 gold laced orpington bantams via my broody Peking hen they are now coming up to 7 weeks and I'm worried all 3 maybe Roos they have combs but not so red jus slightly pink and the feathering still appears somewhat patchy I have a few pics not very clear tho... Would be nice to see what your thoughts are.... How do u upload pics on here?

Ok They arent brilliant but one has a more pink comb than the other two abd the darkest color is the largest in size yet has the smaller comb?

I will try to get closer pics but the mommy is still so protective and she is back in lay so I dunt get it??

Im still having trouble getting good snaps! My chicks arent tame as the fierce mother wont allow me anywhere near?? Heres a couple more.... Not very clear again Im afraid :(

Hi yeah thank you for that. I think your right saw the two suspected Roos trying to spar with each other, the one I'm thinking is a pullet has more feathers but also has a noticeable comb not as pink as the other two but is also the larger bird out of the three and they all hatched together....

Back
Top Bottom