I have a bald baby.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by georgiayankee, Sep 15, 2015.

1. georgiayankee

georgiayankee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2015
    Georgia
    Well "Streak" has the attitude of a Rooster...but who knows...but this little thing has attitude!![​IMG]

2. georgiayankee

Sep 15, 2015
    Georgia
    [​IMG] He is a week old now..and looks like he has sprouted a few tufts...who knows.

3. Zinniah

Zinniah Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2015
    Texas
    Please keep updating! This is so strange, he looks like he will eventually grow some feathers

4. Maikan

Maikan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2015
    Ireland
    I got given a chick who the hen had plucked pretty badly, this was years ago but I made it a loose jacket from a piece of fleece. The jacket covered about half of its neck as well but I kept her inside that winter. It kept the main part of its body warm and the chick grew out its feathers eventually. She grew into a lovely hen who I had for several years.

5. georgiayankee

Sep 15, 2015
    Georgia
    I tried some modified barbie clothes but the ournery thing wiggled out of them. I hope it gets some feathers but its gonna be a pet chicken. We named it Streak. It hatched like this. I even checked the shell for down thinking maybe it had gotten stuck. Nope..there was none there either. The only thing I can figure was he hatched to early. He wasn't due to hatch until this week. I guess it just wanted to see the world and it would worry about Clothes (feathers) later.

6. Jesusfreak101

Jesusfreak101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2015
    Texas
    My Coop
    The nakeness is so freaking cute ahh!! Love it.

7. georgiayankee

Sep 15, 2015
    Georgia
    Well Streak is trying to sprout a few feathers on his wings...it looks painful to me. My hubby stopped by the house on his way to Miami and demanded to see him...he told me he thinks he is a Rooster...I said " poor fella will never have a flock his own" my husband said "sure he will!! I give him a couple of hens and then he will be happy!" ...I said "but if he breeds you might get more naked babies." He said " so he'll have a family, you'll just have ri keep them seperate!!" Looks like Streak is growing in my hubby...lol.

8. azygous

azygous True BYC Addict

Dec 11, 2009
    Colorado Rockies
    I'm enjoying this little saga! Keep on informing us. More pics!

9. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

FEATHERLESS CHICKENS MEAT INDUSTRY

If you google those words, you may learn more than you want to know....

10. georgiayankee

Sep 15, 2015
    Georgia
    I've already read about the GMO chickens they are breeding for the middle east and KFC...I think purposeful breeding is wrong. Especially since they are breeding some with no beaks or eyes. Poor streak was born naked...that already makes him a target.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by