I have a bone to pick with all you incubating ppl...

I don't sweat it anymore, I control what I can and whatever happens....happens. The one 'pet peve' I have is the term "lockdown", h_ll, their not in prison....it's just one phase of the incubation processe...everyone seems to sweat, fret, anguish over it. :rolleyes:

I don't sweat it anymore, I control what I can and whatever happens....happens. The one 'pet peve' I have is the term "lockdown", h_ll, their not in prison....it's just one phase of the incubation processe...everyone seems to sweat, fret, anguish over it. :rolleyes:
lol its just a phase. like QT's coming into the brig. lol. definetly not lock down just a phase. lol.

I am preparing to not sleep for 21 days lol 🙃 I will be just like you!
Word of advice: Sleep now cause once they're here, you'll never sleep in again.
Oh wait, that's for human children 🤣🤣🤣

Sleep well throughout the first 19 days. Prepare for extra coffee on Day 20, 21 ,etc. Then go back to normal. Buy more eggs. Repeat. 🔁

Word of advice: Sleep now cause once they're here, you'll never sleep in again.
Oh wait, that's for human children 🤣🤣🤣
Lol to young for that but I'll try to remember lol 😆 😂 🤣
Sleep well throughout the first 19 days. Prepare for extra coffee on Day 20, 21 ,etc. Then go back to normal. Buy more eggs. Repeat. 🔁
That's the plan (but seriously I plan to do it twice in a row)

And... "DO NOT OPEN THAT INCUBATOR!" 😐

I mean it's not necessarily a death sentence in most cases. There are multiple ways to keep that humidity up. There is a real fear and belief in opening an incubator during "lockdown" because of the wording. I wouldn't take the lid off and leave it off while doing whatever I needed to do, but I will open it at any stage that I need to. I think it's far more important to learn the stages and what's happening, possible scenarios, etc. Learn your unit 💜

Hopefully I won't be chased off for this because I've been shamed for it before.

My first time I panicked about that part. Now I also see how silly that was and giggle at others when they experience that same silly panic.

Shoot. During hatch time I'm probably in and out of that incubator fifty-leven times. I have yet to experience any negative affects from that.

I mean it's not necessarily a death sentence in most cases. There are multiple ways to keep that humidity up. There is a real fear and belief in opening an incubator during "lockdown" because of the wording. I wouldn't take the lid off and leave it off while doing whatever I needed to do, but I will open it at any stage that I need to. I think it's far more important to learn the stages and what's happening, possible scenarios, etc. Learn your unit 💜

Hopefully I won't be chased off for this because I've been shamed for it before.
You're also a Call Duck lady. You're doing what needs to be done.

I'm so curious! Why are call ducks so needy to hatch?? Please learn me somethin lol

Back
Top Bottom