I have a bone to pick with all you incubating ppl...

Pics
After I get this brood down pat I suspect I'll be the next "unsuspecting hatching addict" only controlled by lack of coop space . . . :lau . What fun a career would be to hatch chicks for people. Hmmm, could there be a need for such a person?
Ehhh.... that's basically what hatcheries do. And they have a lot more options than most other people

After I get this brood down pat I suspect I'll be the next "unsuspecting hatching addict" only controlled by lack of coop space . . . :lau . What fun a career would be to hatch chicks for people. Hmmm, could there be a need for such a person?
I have someone on my local CL that does this! Could always test the waters with an ad to see if anyone would be interested.

The only problem with that is getting attached to the chicks...I can't part with any of my sweeties, that's why I have 10 Roos 😆

Oh cool. I have a feeling YOU won't be the only one when over the next seven weeks or so my current brood begins to show their true colours.
9 Roos are sweet, the 10th had quite the ornery side in his youth...still I love them ALL dearly ❤️
The peeping I hear at the Tractor Supply tugs at my heartstrings as well. Yup, I could easily become overwhelmed with MORE BIRDS! 🤣

A prediction....more coops can be seen in the future...more coops, more birds, a bachelor Roo coop, a senior hen coop, young pullet coop...you know chicken math. What's one more? What's a couple more? Can anyone say Crazy Bird Lady? 😆 It's OK though, plenty of kindred spirits on this site.

9 Roos are sweet, the 10th had quite the ornery side in his youth...still I love them ALL dearly ❤️
The peeping I hear at the Tractor Supply tugs at my heartstrings as well. Yup, I could easily become overwhelmed with MORE BIRDS! 🤣

A prediction....more coops can be seen in the future...more coops, more birds, a bachelor Roo coop, a senior hen coop, young pullet coop...you know chicken math. What's one more? What's a couple more? Can anyone say Crazy Bird Lady? 😆 It's OK though, plenty of kindred spirits on this site.
Ohhh, tel me about TSC. Ever since buying my first 8 from there I can't go into town with a stop by (not good). Thankfully I have always been able to resist more (thankfully they did not have any breeds I wanted).

I have 3 incubators going from March to August. Hatch for a friend. Had about 12 batches from May till today. Mostly ducks and mix of chickens including silkies. Many of the duck batches were 100 percent hatch rate as long as the egg was fertile. Stressed over the first few batches and then learned just leaving them and checking humidity daily gave me the the best success. Have a Little giant that I added a fan to and it has been ultra successful, I manually turn in that one, and 2 Janoel 24 that are also ultra reliable. Those have auto turners. With the Janoel you have to reverse the fan so it blows up and around the top instead of blowing straight down on the eggs. Got those for uber cheap on Amazon on warehouse deals. Under 60 Canadian. Once the machine is set, candle a few times, check your humidity and leave them. Let nature do its thing and you will have excellent success. I have silkies popping out as I type this.

Creamsicle.jpg

I have 3 incubators going from March to August. Hatch for a friend. Had about 12 batches from May till today. Mostly ducks and mix of chickens including silkies. Many of the duck batches were 100 percent hatch rate as long as the egg was fertile. Stressed over the first few batches and then learned just leaving them and checking humidity daily gave me the the best success. Have a Little giant that I added a fan to and it has been ultra successful, I manually turn in that one, and 2 Janoel 24 that are also ultra reliable. Those have auto turners. With the Janoel you have to reverse the fan so it blows up and around the top instead of blowing straight down on the eggs. Got those for uber cheap on Amazon on warehouse deals. Under 60 Canadian. Once the machine is set, candle a few times, check your humidity and leave them. Let nature do its thing and you will have excellent success. I have silkies popping out as I type this.

View attachment 3221860
Such a cute baby. Oh my goodness.

Back
Top Bottom