I have a bunny question. Plz help.

Jan 3, 2020
My cousins bunnies just died and they were very health. Any reason why they could of died? Answers would be greatly appreciated. It has been cold lately and rainy, but we don't understand why they would have died.

My cousins bunnies just died and they were very health. Any reason why they could of died? Answers would be greatly appreciated. It has been cold lately and rainy, but we don't understand why they would have died.
First thing first, how old were they, did they live in the same inclosure? What have they been fed? I know this is awful but we’re the wet when they were dead? Full body or under their tail?

First thing first, how old were they, did they live in the same inclosure? What have they been fed? I know this is awful but we’re the wet when they were dead? Full body or under their tail?

yes they were in the same enclosure. They were not wet when they died. They were fed timothy hay table scraps like veggies and fruit and pellets. They side by side curled up together. I would say under 2.

yes they were in the same enclosure. They were not wet when they died. They were fed timothy hay table scraps like veggies and fruit and pellets. They side by side curled up together. I would say under 2.
I’m sorry I should’ve been clearer! I mean was there a chance that the whole body got wet from the rain? Or was there a chance the got wet tail which sometimes can be deadly. There may be a chance their food was moldy and nobody noticed.

I’m sorry I should’ve been clearer! I mean was there a chance that the whole body got wet from the rain? Or was there a chance the got wet tail which sometimes can be deadly. There may be a chance their food was moldy and nobody noticed.
I would doubt that because they made sure their food was completely cleaned out each day for fear of that exact thing.

Hi - it's always tough when rabbits die unexpectedly. There are many potential reasons why your cousin's rabbits could have died, but more information is needed to even begin to guess...like:
  • How old were the rabbits?
  • What were they fed?
  • How were they kept? It sounds like outdoors, but in a hutch?
  • How "cold and rainy" has it been?
  • Did they show any symptoms or unusual behavior before they died?
  • Did they all die at the same time? How were they found?
The more info, the better.

Back
Top Bottom