I have A Button!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by silverfilly, Oct 2, 2008.

1. silverfilly

silverfilly Peepin N' Cheepin

Jan 25, 2008
    Kansas
    35 buttons were due yesterday and I got nothing, I decided to wait anouther day or 2 and this evening when I got home I had One little button! None of the other eggs are even pipped, no rolling or anything. I sure hope at least one more hatch so it will ahve a buddy. How long should I wait till I know no more will hatch?

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Sorry no button experience here. I know with chickens a lot of us wait a few days after, but here's a bump for you anyway...

3. whitecra

whitecra Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Oklahoma
    One thing I do before I turn off the bator I pick up each egg and listen. That is when I can hear if they are pecking or not. I just had quail hatch and one hatched two days after everyone else. I keep listening and could hear him trying to hatch. Then he did.
    Chris

4. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Congrats on the button but with button eggs you have to really wait on them..lol every time i hatch button eggs they always start to hatch a day late on day 17 and sometimes there not done hatching till day 19 and with all the eggs you incubated i'm sure there are plenty more that will hatch [​IMG]

i have 6 button eggs now in my bator from my own button quails due this up coming Tuesday ..well really Monday because Monday is day 16 but like i said they always hatch a day late with me..lol [​IMG]

Good Luck [​IMG]

**Edit for spelling [​IMG]**

Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  5. silverfilly

Jan 25, 2008
    Kansas
    thanks guys, I sure hope I get at least one more but a few more would be nice. I looked at the size of it and then at the size of my cotornix and Im not so sure I could brood him with them..lol...Id hate for him to be all alone.

6. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Yea i already tried that..lol but them i notice the coturnix chicks were attacking the button chicks so i had to replace the button chicks [​IMG]

7. jaybme

jaybme Chillin' With My Peeps

All my buttons have hatched on day 18 or 19 too, in the incubator and under the hen. I hope you get another one too. Good luck being patient! It is sooo hard.

Jayne

8. silverfilly

Jan 25, 2008
    Kansas
    I ran to Taco Bell for a midnite snack with mom and when I got back we have 3 more!!

Ok Im excited now, maybe Ill get a great hatch, well I got more than one so its already a great hatch. We are on 4 of 35 maybe Ill end up with a couple pairs.

Ill post pics tomorow, my batteries are DEAD! UHGG I hate it when that happens

Edited couse we are up to 6 buttons.....WOW!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  9. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    [​IMG] Way to go!! Just need to leave for a while, then they'll all be out! [​IMG]

10. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Congrats [​IMG] see

one minute there's nothing then the next boom chicks..lol

hope you get plenty more by morning [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by