I have A Button!!

silverfilly

Peepin N' Cheepin
11 Years
12 Years
Jan 25, 2008
Kansas
35 buttons were due yesterday and I got nothing, I decided to wait anouther day or 2 and this evening when I got home I had One little button! None of the other eggs are even pipped, no rolling or anything. I sure hope at least one more hatch so it will ahve a buddy. How long should I wait till I know no more will hatch?

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
Sorry no button experience here. I know with chickens a lot of us wait a few days after, but here's a bump for you anyway...

whitecra

Songster
11 Years
Mar 12, 2008
Oklahoma
One thing I do before I turn off the bator I pick up each egg and listen. That is when I can hear if they are pecking or not. I just had quail hatch and one hatched two days after everyone else. I keep listening and could hear him trying to hatch. Then he did.
Chris

BirdBoy88

Angel Egg
12 Years
Dec 26, 2007
Maryland
Congrats on the button but with button eggs you have to really wait on them..lol every time i hatch button eggs they always start to hatch a day late on day 17 and sometimes there not done hatching till day 19 and with all the eggs you incubated i'm sure there are plenty more that will hatch

i have 6 button eggs now in my bator from my own button quails due this up coming Tuesday ..well really Monday because Monday is day 16 but like i said they always hatch a day late with me..lol

Good Luck

**Edit for spelling

Last edited:

silverfilly

Peepin N' Cheepin
11 Years
12 Years
Jan 25, 2008
Kansas
thanks guys, I sure hope I get at least one more but a few more would be nice. I looked at the size of it and then at the size of my cotornix and Im not so sure I could brood him with them..lol...Id hate for him to be all alone.

BirdBoy88

Angel Egg
12 Years
Dec 26, 2007
Maryland
Yea i already tried that..lol but them i notice the coturnix chicks were attacking the button chicks so i had to replace the button chicks

silverfilly

Peepin N' Cheepin
11 Years
12 Years
Jan 25, 2008
Kansas
I ran to Taco Bell for a midnite snack with mom and when I got back we have 3 more!!

Ok Im excited now, maybe Ill get a great hatch, well I got more than one so its already a great hatch. We are on 4 of 35 maybe Ill end up with a couple pairs.

Ill post pics tomorow, my batteries are DEAD! UHGG I hate it when that happens

Edited couse we are up to 6 buttons.....WOW!

Last edited:

BirdBoy88

Angel Egg
12 Years
Dec 26, 2007
Maryland
Congrats
see

one minute there's nothing then the next boom chicks..lol

hope you get plenty more by morning

Top Bottom