I have A Button!!

silverfilly

Peepin N' Cheepin
11 Years
12 Years
Jan 25, 2008
Kansas
35 buttons were due yesterday and I got nothing, I decided to wait anouther day or 2 and this evening when I got home I had One little button! None of the other eggs are even pipped, no rolling or anything. I sure hope at least one more hatch so it will ahve a buddy. How long should I wait till I know no more will hatch?

One thing I do before I turn off the bator I pick up each egg and listen. That is when I can hear if they are pecking or not. I just had quail hatch and one hatched two days after everyone else. I keep listening and could hear him trying to hatch. Then he did.
Chris

Congrats on the button but with button eggs you have to really wait on them..lol every time i hatch button eggs they always start to hatch a day late on day 17 and sometimes there not done hatching till day 19 and with all the eggs you incubated i'm sure there are plenty more that will hatch
smile.png

i have 6 button eggs now in my bator from my own button quails due this up coming Tuesday ..well really Monday because Monday is day 16 but like i said they always hatch a day late with me..lol
smile.png

Good Luck
jumpy.gif

**Edit for spelling
smile.png

Last edited:
thanks guys, I sure hope I get at least one more but a few more would be nice. I looked at the size of it and then at the size of my cotornix and Im not so sure I could brood him with them..lol...Id hate for him to be all alone.

Yea i already tried that..lol but them i notice the coturnix chicks were attacking the button chicks so i had to replace the button chicks
smile.png

I ran to Taco Bell for a midnite snack with mom and when I got back we have 3 more!!

Ok Im excited now, maybe Ill get a great hatch, well I got more than one so its already a great hatch. We are on 4 of 35 maybe Ill end up with a couple pairs.

Ill post pics tomorow, my batteries are DEAD! UHGG I hate it when that happens

Edited couse we are up to 6 buttons.....WOW!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom