I have a coloration question

Animal-lover339

Songster
5 Years
Oct 10, 2018
Puerto rico
Hello,so I recently bred my first English game chicks so I just wanted to know what colorations is possible I had heard from a friend down in Mexico City and he said that it's. A 50/50 rooster gives 50% of his gentics and the hen 50 so i don't know if this is true but I bred my red Pyle rooster who I sadly had to put down and a young first time mom hen she is a sort of fawn color with a yellow neck (lousy description sorry )So I wanted to know what chances are that they will be red Pyle she hatched 5 sadly the biggest died and he was gaining white feathers so maybe he was a red Pyle I don't know but I ask because I really want a son of him since I really loved him and I want one just like him so he can be he lol thank you and sorry for being so extensive

With your description of the hen it is hard to tell, but it sounds like duckwing of some sort. If so, yes, the offspring would be red pyle... possibly with some dilution?

With your description of the hen it is hard to tell, but it sounds like duckwing of some sort. If so, yes, the offspring would be red pyle... possibly with some dilution?
I don't think she's duckwing I think oh okay I'm glad some red Pyle but if you don't mind what exactly would dilution be like um some red or idk lol I have some pictures maybe it could help
received_1485903198231613.jpeg

I don't think she's duckwing I think oh okay I'm glad some red Pyle but if you don't mind what exactly would dilution be like um some red or idk lol I have some pictures maybe it could helpView attachment 2038001
She looks to be heterozygous (or homozygous) for mahogany and heterozygous for duckwing and wheaten. So half of them will be red pyle, and half will be sort of a more red pyle, with less clarity.

She looks to be heterozygous (or homozygous) for mahogany and heterozygous for duckwing and wheaten. So half of them will be red pyle, and half will be sort of a more red pyle, with less clarity.
Ohhh okay thank you very much for the info I guess now I can expect some red pyles unless they are all hens of course again thank you very much

Back
Top Bottom