I have a crocked neck 6mo old Lavender Roo

Bgnix

In the Brooder
Mar 10, 2021
His neck seems longer that most and it is lik a question mark. At first I thought his left shoulder was dislocated cause it was pronounce over the right. I picked hii up and he does not seem distressed or injured. He was yesterday. he stands at an angle to eat from the feeder. Any body have any idea about this? I have never seen this before and unsure if there is something I need to do or if it is harmfull. He just started mating attempts no crow yet. so Pretty. thanks for your feedback

His neck seems longer that most and it is lik a question mark. At first I thought his left shoulder was dislocated cause it was pronounce over the right. I picked hii up and he does not seem distressed or injured. He was yesterday. he stands at an angle to eat from the feeder. Any body have any idea about this? I have never seen this before and unsure if there is something I need to do or if it is harmfull. He just started mating attempts no crow yet. so Pretty. thanks for your feedback

Did this just show up like this one day like he injured it?

If not, it could be wry neck. You could try giving him Vit. E and Selenium which is available at TSC, or for now start feeding him a lot more black oil sunflower seeds as they are very high in both. If it's wry neck, the seeds will take longer than the stuff from TSC but I'd be sure the rest of your flock gets some too.

Attachments

• selenium and e.jpg
    selenium and e.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 1
Can you post photos of him?

It's possible he may be suffering from injury or it may be Wry Neck which is a neurological Symptom - some common causes are trauma, disease and nutritional deficiencies.

You can try Vitamin therapy to see if he improves.

Go to your Walmart, CVS, etc. and buy a bottle of Vitamin E (400IU) and B-Complex. Give him 1 vitamin E pill and 1/4 tablet B-Complex daily for a couple of weeks. Offer him a treat of egg or tuna to help with the uptake of E.

What do you normally feed him.
1694925380539.png
1694925422835.png

I would not use Goat Vitamin E and Selenium.
You would have to give 4ml to get 400IU Vitamin E and that would put you at 46.4mcg of Selnium which is way too high of a dose. Max Selenium dose is 25mcg for poultry, but it can be toxic in large quantities. Vitamin B1 is also a support vitamin for neurological issues and the goat vitamin does not contain that, so you would need to buy vitamins anyway.
1694925357987.png

Back
Top Bottom