I have a day old baby splash of a Silver Rudd’s Blue: can you possibly tell her gender?

At young age it's better sexing by the leg size. The comb won't tell you anything until some start turning red. If you hatched these or purchased straight run then by looking at the legs and how they stand you can predict sex with good accuracy. Males have larger legs and upright stance.

At young age it's better sexing by the leg size. The comb won't tell you anything until some start turning red. If you hatched these or purchased straight run then by looking at the legs and how they stand you can predict sex with good accuracy. Males have larger legs and upright stance.

My day old pullet Wheaten Maran, had little tiny legs etc. Today Cooper (he) weighs 12 lbs 29" tall, with legs that are as big as a turkey. I Grandfather raised poultry on the farm. That's the first I ever heard about leg size. I wing sex EARLY. I tried the leg thing with ducks ..size color, lol it didn't go well. This season I have 18 2 month old PULLETS. Woohoo!

They're different. The bird in question is a breed, the sapphire gems are mutts
Not a single breed I have are so called mutts. 100% are Heritage or Endangered, or Recovering breeds. I may be incorrect on the name, but I have been around poultry for over 60years. It is quite insulting to make remarks about someone else's birds when you don't know them. I have 3. This is a 6week old Sapphire Splash, colored just like my Silkie splash. Which is not a "Mutt" either.

Attachments

• IMG_20210508_162004358.jpg
    IMG_20210508_162004358.jpg
    763 KB · Views: 5
Not a single breed I have are so called mutts. 100% are Heritage or Endangered, or Recovering breeds. I may be incorrect on the name, but I have been around poultry for over 60years. It is quite insulting to make remarks about someone else's birds when you don't know them. I have 3. This is a 6week old Sapphire Splash, colored just like my Silkie splash. Which is not a "Mutt" either.
Sapphire Splash and Sapphire Gems are hybrid sexlinks. They are not a true breed.

Back
Top Bottom