I have a day old baby splash of a Silver Rudd’s Blue: can you possibly tell her gender?

Martin Silverudd meant for this breed to be autosexing at hatch, but the blue genetics apparently made this difficult. He died before the project was complete. Hopefully today's breeders can bring in the autosexing trait, that would be a cool addition to an already beautiful breed.
^^ This. I’ve got 3 myself - two splash and a blue. I think 5-6 weeks old? My feeling is one of the splashes is a pullet, but won’t make any for sure gender calls until I can see definite male saddle feathers at approximately 3 month. It’s tough waiting for sure!

I have 2 a blue and a light blue.

000.PNG
20i.PNG

Hatched yesterday

I’m thinking female. I’ve got this breed and mostly the boys were not guesses. Their combs got big and red fast. Mine were early crowers also. If your not sure it’s probably a female. I had a few pullets with a fair amount of comb color and waddle growth That I just was not quite sure they weren’t boys. I’m no expert. I have only had probably 20ish chicks and I think one that had some kind of weird small crooked comb I thought was a girl that was a boy. Mostly tho it’s the other way around.

I’m thinking female. I’ve got this breed and mostly the boys were not guesses. Their combs got big and red fast. Mine were early crowers also. If your not sure it’s probably a female. I had a few pullets with a fair amount of comb color and waddle growth That I just was not quite sure they weren’t boys. I’m no expert. I have only had probably 20ish chicks and I think one that had some kind of weird small crooked comb I thought was a girl that was a boy. Mostly tho it’s the other way around.
Woah, that’s a lot of information!
Thanks! That’s actually really helpful, we also had this breed for a while, and one of our good chicks had yellow and really small comb and wattles until 6 weeks, when the red spurt came and we found out she was a late rooster 😢

Back
Top Bottom