I have a dubble yoke egg that are developing what to do keep it ir cull

Was really nice to see a successful hatch. All I've found when searching on double yolk eggs is doom and gloom stories most of which say noone ever bothers. I currently have a double yolk goose egg on day 28 with a beak coming out of each end. Not sure what the outcome will be but for now they're both peeping and looking around so fingers crossed. Any picture updates on the twins? Are they still looking the same? Once again congratulations!!

Update: both geese hatched, finally. Looks like they were sharing a yolk sac and still attached by cords at the umbilical. Detached them from each other. One only has a small belly exposed the second has a lot more exposed. Cleaned them up with betadine and put them each into separate egg shells that I sterilized. Put them into small plastic sandwich baggies with just their heads sticking out and back into the incubator to try to finish healing up their bellies. Will re-evaluate again in an hour or so to see how it's going and give them more vitamin/water mix. They pooped all over themselves inside so chances of infection is pretty high. Took a few really bad photos and I'll try to upload one. Goose hatching is stressful enough, goose twins was almost unbearable.

Last edited:
Just came across this thread and congratulations to you, Chickyboomboom and the twins!!
wee.gif
highfive.gif
yesss.gif
!!!!!

Hope they continue to do well!!

Back
Top Bottom