I have a few pics to post. Give me a breed if you can. They came from Surprise special. So I don't k

crazyelk

Songster
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
Kentucky

These 2 are the same chicken.

Came from Ideal in the surprise special.

Also fro surprise special. Has a blue tint in tail feathers,

Came in the Bantam special from Ideal Poultry.

Thanks for your help!!!

These 2 are the same chicken. Mixed. Could be White leghorn but comb is to small.

Came from Ideal in the surprise special. Hatchery grade Sliver Laced Wyandotte.

Also fro surprise special. Has a blue tint in tail feathers,

Came in the Bantam special from Ideal Poultry. Can't see if feet are feathered. Look like Pekin,

Thanks for your help!!!

The white chicken with yellow legs and single comb, looks like a white leghorn first guess, white rock second guess.
Next two both look like they have peacombs and green legs? Easter Egger / Ameraucana?
The bantam maybe a d'Uccle, mille fleur color?

All are from Ideal Poultry. and all I can find is Ameraucanas on there. They are all 4 weeks old.

The Bantam does have feathered feet,

I have to back up. I went out and did some investigating and I found that those aren't speckles on the white chick, that is poooooo. Sorry!

Ideal have a couple of white leghorn types that are mixes, California Whites and Ideal 236, they have some black specks, would guess that is what it is if not pure white.

Hatcheries usually sell their Easter Eggers as Ameraucana. Ameraucana & Araucanas have a standard that the birds have to meet, http://www.ameraucana.org/index.html is the website to the Ameraucana club, they have a FAQs page that talks about the differences. Easter Egger is a popular name for the mixes that have Ameraucana/Araucana somewhere in their ancestry.

Back
Top Bottom