I have a friend in need of help...anyone want free bunnys?!??

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by justusnak, Jul 6, 2008.

1. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

I got this Email from a friend of mine.....they would have to be picked up locally here. Can someone HELP!??

Do you know anyone who would like to have 2 angora rabbits and their wire cages for free? It would need to be someone who would take care of them. They need to be clipped at least once every 3 months and the male (an English) need a little grooming in between. Both are 2 years old. The female is a white German, so makes a LOT of fabulous wool (which can be sold at a high price) and the male is English and “agouti” in color and he produces a modest amount of wool. They come with two wire cages (not roof, just open cages) and about 40 pounds of rabbit pellets, as well as feeders and heated waterers if the person is interested in that. My daughter would take them in a second, but she lives in Illinois and it will be hard and expensive to get them over to her, so I’d much rather find someone around here to come pick them up. They act like they don’t want to be picked up, but once you do, they are very affectionate and I have NEVER been bitten. You can put them both in the same pen, as I don’t think the male is fertile at all. I’ve had them together with no babies! So, they could be in the same cage and the other could hold other rabbits. They are pretty big.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  2. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Hey ~ I'd post this over in the buy/sell/trade section and make sure to post the location.

Good luck to them!

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Thanks Asher....I will do that. I hope I can find them homes SOON. She is bringing them to my house today...and I really do NOT want to keep bunnies here as well as all the others. They are rescues...sorta. So I can't keep them.
    Thanks again!!

4. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    I wish you weren't in Southern IN [​IMG] So far to drive with gas prices these days [​IMG]

5. KellyGwen

KellyGwen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2008
    Lake Luzerne, NY
    I would take them in a minute! But I think you're a bit far... I'm in NW PA... I'm getting a BIG rabbit cage from my neighbors... Is there any way we could meet half way?

6. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

With todays gas prices...there is no way I can afford to drive to find them homes. Dang....I really need to get them homes....especially before they need groomed again! LOL

7. Aspen47591

Aspen47591 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2008
    I'll take them!! Me, me, me! I've been looking for Angoras and I am in Southwestern Indiana. Maybe I can pick them up!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by