I have a good problem

no eggs yet. I'm green with envy. My son was sent to the store tonight and guess what he forgot to buy.

Yes, EGGS...

We keep praying... I sometimes get freaked cause we put golf balls in the nest boxes and when I first open the door and look in, I'm thinking, WOW eggs! Then I remember I have all brown layers...

I'm waiting to have that problem
smile.png
Right now I'm still "paying" my neighbors who signed my petition to have the chickens. I get about a dozen every 3 days right now and I have 3 more neighbors to go. Then I will have the friends who all want eggs....

We'll get there soon too. We're getting two a day most days, three when our older hen lays too. We have 12 so could potentially get a dozen some days. I can't wait!

I thought I would with 32 laying at a time. Also didnt count the cost of so much feed. They were so cute only 1 day old and didnt eat so much then. So fixed both problems. I give all the eggs they want to my mom, sister &family, 2 friends and their families. In return they buy a sac of feed once a month. So for the cost of one bag of mash 12.00, they can have all the eggs they can eat in a month. Works great, and I still have some left over sometimes.
smile.png

If you do a lot of baking with boxed mixes such as brownies cakes, etc. whatever amount of eggs are called for such as 3 for cakes, beat up 3 eggs add a pinch of sugar (to keep from getting gummy) and freeze for future use. I put them in a baggie then in a small cup before freezing. Baking season is just around the corner!
K

Good grief I knew leg horns were producers but wow..... I hope they dont hurt themselves at this pace. My white eggs now out number the brown eggs. My niece wants some brown eggs she thinks they taste different. lol hey shes 9 going on 20.

Back
Top Bottom