I have a Jaonel 12 incubator. I put my 5 eggs in yesterday and the humidity is 86 %. Is that to high? How do I lower it? What is the recommend %

Yes that is to high. There are different opinions on it anywhere from 15-50 for the first 18 days. I aim for 30. If you have water in the incubator take it out. Surface area of water is what your humidity control is. The directions with your incubator may not be right for your climate.

Yes that is to high. There are different opinions on it anywhere from 15-50 for the first 18 days. I aim for 30. If you have water in the incubator take it out. Surface area of water is what your humidity control is. The directions with your incubator may not be right for your climate.
I just took the water out. I will key a eye in it and post what it drops to. Thank you

I have that incubator too, and I've found that when you put water in, the humidity spikes, and then evaporates super quick. I use that bator for smaller hatches, and what I've started doing is using a straw to dribble water through the vent hole a few times a day.

What are you incubating? If ducks, a higher humidity around 55% is good, while chickens I've kept it around 45%.

Btw, do NOT follow the instructions that came with it. It recommended 100ml of water, and that put me over 80%! I keep a sponge at the bottom under the hatching tray, and dribble water as needed by straw as I wrote earlier, a few times a day.

I have that incubator too, and I've found that when you put water in, the humidity spikes, and then evaporates super quick. I use that bator for smaller hatches, and what I've started doing is using a straw to dribble water through the vent hole a few times a day.

What are you incubating? If ducks, a higher humidity around 55% is good, while chickens I've kept it around 45%.
That is a great idea. I will try doing that.

I have silkie eggs in my incubator. I took all the water out yesterday and the humidity has dropped to 48%.

I have silkie eggs in my incubator. I took all the water out yesterday and the humidity has dropped to 48%.
If you're running a dry bator and still reading 48%, it must be pretty humid where you live. That's a plus so you don't have to keep an eye on water levels lol!

Back
Top Bottom