i have a magical duck

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by michael0641, May 12, 2009.

1. michael0641

michael0641 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Sylacauga Alabama
    I have a pekin duck (5 weeks old) that was missing this morning. No signs of struggle no feathers and the other 5 were still out there. Of course i was sad and was going to get some more this afternoon. I put the other 5 in the pen just in case something wanted them. i just walked outside to find the pekin (whose name is now houdini) not only outside but in the pen with the others. I know im not crazy. lol

2. bnward5

bnward5 Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2009
    Trinidad Co
    Thank god he's okay. Mine wasn't so lucky darn wolf dogs.

3. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Last week I put the dogs out. A while later I couldn't find one of them. I looked ALL OVER the property (6 acres, all fenced). I checked in the dog crates. The dog was nowhere.

I put the other dogs up in their crates, so I could hear the missing dog if he was stuck in an outbuilding or running around the perimeter or something. I kept looking.

No dog.

A few hours later I gave up, and went back to let the other dogs out of their crates.

And the missing dog popped out of a crate, looking like "What??? What did I do???"

I swear, there is a long lost secret critter trick these guys have, allowing them to dematerialize and then re-materialize when it suits them!

4. TheEnigmaticOne

TheEnigmaticOne New Egg

May 6, 2009
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Quote:That sucks, I brought home a pekin today, and Zilla, my wolfdog lets it lay on him and cuddle... Seem to be getting along great, but then again, all of my animals are confused... I got a dog that picks fleas of the cats, a cat that tries to nurse 7 wild cottontail bunnies that we have been nursing for a little over a week, and another cat that likes to cuddle with Iggy, my iguana... Im just glad they all get along so well, lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by