I have a male and female peking duck! Fertility questions.....

arabianequine

Crowing
9 Years
Apr 4, 2010
Why would the females eggs not be fertile?

What can I do to make them fertile? Get another male more aggressive?

She was born last spring and he was born the spring before that. I do see him on her but?

How do you know they are not fertile?

Also this isn't the best time for fertility. I would not get a more aggressive drake because he could end up to rough. I would wait until spring to test your drakes fertility again.

Someone tried hatching some and none were. I heard the cold could have an effect on it?

Thanks!

Just because someone didn't get them to hatch in an incubator does not mean they are not fertile. Different people have different skill levels at hatching and different qualities of incubators.

I suggest that you not get another drake unless you get rid of the one you have right now. It causes problems to have 2 drakes and 1 duck.

Agreeing with Oregon-

And, You can crack an egg open in a bowl and tell if it's fertile. We could walk you through that, or you could goodle what it's supposed to look like.

I will crack one open and see what it looks like. I know what it is suppose to look like but I had a chicken thread about that once and put pics and some said yes and some said no so kinda confused me. I will see if I see anything like that though in the duck eggs.

The guy that tried hatching seemed to know what he was doing exactly.

I some out to another person too but they have not yet said anything.

I don't know how to hatch either but can try. I was thinking just keep putting an egg in every day I get one and should see veins 4-8 days is that right?

I will crack one open and see what it looks like. I know what it is suppose to look like but I had a chicken thread about that once and put pics and some said yes and some said no so kinda confused me. I will see if I see anything like that though in the duck eggs.

I don't know how to hatch either but can try. I was thinking just keep putting an egg in every day I get one and should see veins 4-8 days is that right?

Yes 4 to 8 days. Could you email the other person you sent eggs to and ask them what they're seeing?

The section of your comment that I highlighted in red: if you meant it the way you wrote it then no, that is not right! Then you will have one egg due each day for a couple weeks with no way to lock anything down! Collect them for a week and then put the whole lotin at one time! Then they will all go into lockdown on the same day and hatch in the same 3 day period!

I thought keep doing it this way till seen they were fertile? I see what your saying though.

The section of your comment that I highlighted in red: if you meant it the way you wrote it then no, that is not right! Then you will have one egg due each day for a couple weeks with no way to lock anything down! Collect them for a week and then put the whole lotin at one time! Then they will all go into lockdown on the same day and hatch in the same 3 day period!

Back
Top Bottom