I have a mystery...update

Katy

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Jun 29, 2007
Kansas~50+ yrs of chickens
This morning I thought I had 7 pheasants hatched, but I guess I counted wrong through the window because there are only 6 egg shells. BUT there are only 5 babies in the incubator!!! It's one of my 1588s so the lid fits down snugly. I haven't opened it since before they started to hatch yesterday...just looked through the window. I've looked all over and can't find it or hear it peeping. I was gone all morning so wasn't here to check them earlier. I thought maybe the hubby went down to look at them, but he hasn't been down there. I am greatly puzzled!!

Last edited:
Could one of them had a double shell? Probably unlikely, as it would surely have trouble pipping/zipping....but I can't think of anything else
idunno.gif

this might be a far shot?? are you using the egg carton method? Maybe check under the carton? Also, does it have a fan maybe?? I don't know that's very strange.

Very peculiar.... you will have to be certain and post if you ever figure this one out...... I'm so curious to know what has happened.

Okay, so if you count the other eggs left, is there an extra egg somewhere? I'm wondering about the double egg shell thing.

This is weird!!??? I'll be checking back to see if you figure it out.

idunno.gif

OK...went downstairs to look again and finally hear a cheeping from under the stands to my grandma's quilting frame! Managed to get it out. Very chilled and slow, but I've got it warming under the heat lamp and it's trying to stand. I still have NO clue how it got out. I hope it survives!! The others are doing good so far.

Back
Top Bottom