I have a new quacker!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Miss Red, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Miss Red

Miss Red Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    Trinity, Texas
    Yesterday evening neighbor girl and I were sitting on the two seater chair watching the chickens and ducks. For about a week I've sworn up and down that I have heard two distinct quacks, a honk, and a raspy squeak. So for two weeks every time we've heard the wierd quack we look over to see if we could figure out who it was. Well guess what, it was my black indian runner! She's about six weeks old and learning her big girl voice, it's still peeppeepeeepppppQUACK. I'm fine with that, but she's definitely quacking. That gives me one obvious drake [Cheech the Pekin] one hen feathered not quacking or honking duck [Chong the Pekin, although by his size, I'm going with drake...] and two ducks! Donna the Cayuga, can't wait for her black eggs to start coming! Anddddddd the newest quacker, Jackie.

I am suppper excited because now I have an even flock, sort of. I know drakes are hard on their hens and I'm worried about my girls so I'm still looking for a few more pekin or cayuga ducks to add to the brood butttt... I have a new quacker! Woo hoo! -insert dancing smiley here-

Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
  2. MysticScorpio82

MysticScorpio82 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Maine, USA
    Congratulations!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by