I have a pet pheasant now ... *PICS added*

I can't help thinking she was probably captive raised and released, because if she is actually entering the coop she not behaving the way a normal wild bred hen would.

Quote:
Very possible. Some teenage boys less than a 1/2 mile from us raise pheasants every year for 4-H and county fair. She's skittish around me, but unafraid if that makes sense. She doesn't run when she sees me but if I get too close, she skitters away.

DH has been wanting pheasants. When I can, I'll try to get some netting.

BTW, is it REALLY capture if they willingly put themselves in captivity? (and I'm sure the MiDNR will not care about the difference, only possession)

I got this from the MI DNR site: http://www.michigan.gov/documents/dnr/CAPTIVE_190659_7.html That basically you can have her if you have less then 12 or have a permit to have captive wildlife. Maybe I read it wrong, but that's what I got.
The WI DNR is very clear that I can have any bird I want, as long as I get the correct permits if I'm releasing and keep them in good conditions. MI site wasn't that clear cut about it.

11594_mama1.jpg

Here's a pic of her. Not very good but she was quick and I didn't have a chance to adjust settings on the camera.

Back
Top Bottom