I have a pip . . . . just great . . . . .Now I'll be up all nite

azelgin

Crowing
15 Years
Jan 18, 2008
S.E. AZ
I was hoping these guys would hold off until tomorrow. Now, I won't be able to stay away from the danged thing all night. They're starting in on day 20. Dang early birds!
barnie.gif

At least their in your bator - not like me a few days ago traipsing out to the barn in the rain every few hours to check on 2 broodies hatching Seramas!
lau.gif
I was so worried that they would need help since Seramas are so hard to hatch.
hide.gif

Mine are pipping right now too:>) I can hear them from here...only a small crack in the first egg that I can see so far. I am surprised to have a hatch at all to be honest, absolutely nothing went right with the bator, temps have been all over the place from 96 to 104, and humidity as well. Wood heat does that to you...should have waited until closer to summer, but hey, I got the itch. We'll see how many of them make it

I think most of these are BOs. I set 30 something BOs, 3 GLWs and an EE mutt. I pulled about 8 on day 10 that didn't look good, but, I'm not sure who they were (except the EE is still in there). It'll be just like Christmas! Surprize!!!
tongue.png

Quote:
My last hatch went like that. Left the turner unplugged, ran out of water, too much water, had to take the lid off during hatchng, etc..

This time I tried to be more careful and I already threw out a higher percentage of eggs on day 10 than I lost on the whole hatch last time. Go figure.
roll.png

Just go ahead to bed and let them do their thing. Maybe in the morning you will wake up to fuzzy butts.

(That's why I set eggs at night so that they will hatch during the day while I'm at work. I can't mess with the incubator and be tempted to open it up every 5 minutes.)

Back
Top Bottom