I have a question....please respond soon.

The 3 roosters are non productive freeloaders. I'm guessing they're all cornish X If you don't thin them down to no more than one, your hens will pay the price and egg production will suffer. I understand if doing the deed is not part of the plan but you could try swapping them with someone on CL for chicks or a pullet.
When we bought the smaller chickens (as chicks) we got 8, we were supposed to have gotten 2 roosters and 6 hens--but ended up with 7 hens and 1 rooster (got them at a local farm supply), then we went to Tractor Supply for the feed and hubby saw the white chicks and wanted some so we got 6 (they were unsexed). Those 6 ended up being 2 hens and 4 roosters! But two of those roosters died. We have the Cornish Xes separated from the smaller chickens. We are trying to incubate eggs from the small chickens as well as getting the eggs. The Cornish ones (just found out that's what they were--we thought they were Leghorns.

I wouldn't feed more than 8 cups/day in total. If you intend to keep the CXs for any period of time, you should start rationing their feed. They will actually get too heavy to walk otherwise.

I feed my layers 4oz per day divided into 2 feedings. So for 12 that would be 21#... A 50# should last you about 2.5 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom