I have a question with medicine

Animal-lover339

Songster
5 Years
Oct 10, 2018
Puerto rico
Hello good afternoon so i was wondering if anyone can help me i bought some Medicine and i noticed it has been switched from my usual pills now the ones i usually buy are a yellow tablet but today i bought some and they are yellow capsules this has happened with a wide range of pills but im wondering whats the use of these i ask them for pastillas de moquillo which is a pill for chickens with mucous in their nose. Im not sure if these are it or Somethin else please help and thank you in advance
20200528_120221.jpg

I'm not sure of your question, but the drug shown there appears to be Amoxicillin 250mg capsules which is usually used in conjunction with a few other antibiotics in treating infections.

I'm not sure of your question, but the drug shown there appears to be Amoxicillin 250mg capsules which is used in conjunction with a few other antibiotics in treating infections.
See thats what i thought but i thought amoxilin was only for use in humans thanks for telling me as well

See thats what i thought but i thought amoxilin was only for use in humans thanks for telling me as well
I'm not sure of your question, but the drug shown there appears to be Amoxicillin 250mg capsules which is usually used in conjunction with a few other antibiotics in treating infections.
I also have a question i bought these for 5 month old approx roos and pullets can i use these?

Hello good afternoon so i was wondering if anyone can help me i bought some Medicine and i noticed it has been switched from my usual pills now the ones i usually buy are a yellow tablet but today i bought some and they are yellow capsules this has happened with a wide range of pills but im wondering whats the use of these i ask them for pastillas de moquillo which is a pill for chickens with mucous in their nose. Im not sure if these are it or Somethin else please help and thank you in advanceView attachment 2164520
I also have a question i bought these for 5 month old approx roos and pullets can i use these?
What are you trying to treat? Can you tell us the "Name" of the disease that you use?
Since you are in a different country - often diseases are called something else.
I see you call the medication "pastillas de moquillo" which for me translates to "distemper pills". Could you be asking about "Avian Distemper" or "Newcastle Disease"?

If you have mucous - do your birds have respiratory illness? Can you post some photos of the sick birds?

Depending on the disease you are trying to treat - Amoxicillin may not help. For instance Mycoplasma Gallisepticum (MG or CRD) is a bacteria like organism that has no cell wall, so "cillins" are not effective. Antibiotics like "cyclines", Tylosin and Tiamulin would be a better choice.

If you are dealing with Infectious Coryza, then a sulfa drug would be better. The sulfa drug is often used in conjunction with an antibiotic like Tylosin to treat Coryza as well.

Well im from puerto rico and they usually call it moquillo its a. Mucous discharge from the nose and it has a foul smell thats the main caracteristic as well as their mouth starts to smell,the infected birds are eating and drinking normally they are very active they are strong the only thing they tell me is to feed them and not give them water for at least 4 hours the pictures are of a young stag and pullet their is two more siblings but the are exactly the same im not really sure what i am treating its just what people call this certain disease im sure its. Respitory disease because of the discharge but im not exactlly sure what it is
20200529_100126.jpg
20200529_100117.jpg

Nice birds.

From what I can gather from doing a bit of googling and from your description.
"Moquillo" would be Infectious Coryza.

Do you know any Cockers? Guys that raise Gamefowl? Is Amoxicillin what they recommend to use for Moquillo or is that what the pet store recommends? I would stick with the recommendations of the old timers or Cockers.

You could try the Amoxicillin to see if that helps - but you question that it's not the same that you normally buy. Do you have any of the pills that you usually get so we can compare?

The eye is concerning to me. Do you normally flush it out?

Ohhh i see,
Nice birds.

Do you know any Cockers? Guys that raise Gamefowl? Is Amoxicillin what they recommend to use for Moquillo or is that what the pet store recommends? I would stick with the recommendations of the old timers or Cockers.

You could try the Amoxicillin to see if that helps - but you question that it's not the same that you normally buy. Do you have any of the pills that you usually get so we can compare?

[/QUO
Thnk you they are an english game cross with turken

Ojhh thabk you very much that is pretty serious

Yes i do know many i actually asked they said that is the one they originaly used not the tblet im talking about

The pills i usually get are just abyellow tablet it says nothing on it thats why im so confused about the medicine

Oh the eye is alright i just caught it blinking at the right moment lol

Ohhh i see,
Nice birds.

[/QUO
Thnk you they are an english game cross with turken

Ojhh thabk you very much that is pretty serious

Yes i do know many i actually asked they said that is the one they originaly used not the tblet im talking about

The pills i usually get are just abyellow tablet it says nothing on it thats why im so confused about the medicine

Oh the eye is alright i just caught it blinking at the right moment lol

I am glad others are helping you with the medication. I would not withhold water from your chickens ever. Feeding and then withholding water for 4 hours could cause crop impactions or dehydration in chickens.

Back
Top Bottom