I have a question

Bootsie

In the Brooder
9 Years
Feb 27, 2010
Is the Duck egg, and I have a duck, more healthy than a chicken egg for children? Why I ask this there is a lady selling duck eggs saying they are more healthy for children with disabilities on line and I never heard of that . She has chicken eggs also and all are pasture grazed but she recommends the duck eggs for children with disabilities.

Duck eggs are usually tolerated by people with chicken egg allergies. They are higher in cholesterol because of the larger size and therefor larger yolk.

As for your duck egg lady's claims about being better for children with disabilities.....Got a grain of salt?
smile.png

However, I prefer duck eggs for flavor and richness whether it be for eating or cooking.

by weight (so differences in eggs sizes do not matter) duck eggs contains less water (rather unexpected since they drink so much water) and more protein, fat, and cholesterol. Most vitamins and minerals are higher for duck eggs too, but not for all.

Here's a website that has a comparison between chicken and duck egg nutrition.
http://www.duckeggs.com/duck-egg-nutrition-compare.html

I don't think there is any reason to believe duck eggs would be better for a child with disabilities than chicken eggs. Sounds more like pseudo-science based on unsubstantiated anecdotes used to market a product. That said, home raised eggs from either ducks or chickens are far better for the environment (no need to ship them from farm to distributor to grocery store to your house...)

Thanks I thought she was just trying to move her products. My duck is not laying no more, I had two ganders and they got her down. Gave them away and nursed her back to health and she is her old self now but Bat Girl lays no more. She is going on 8 years now. My hens lay bigger eggs than her though, thought that was odd.

Back
Top Bottom