I Have A Rooster!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by vanilla.exe, Jul 6, 2011.

1. vanilla.exe

vanilla.exe Chirping

Well this morning at around 9 I heard this quiet little noise. I thought maybe it was my boyfriend's little brother crying, but he lives next door and we've never heard him cry before in our apartment. Then I heard it again, and it had more of a pattern to it. So I went outside, and I guess I had a weird look on my face because my boyfriend was like "What? What's the matter?" And I was just like "SHHH!" Then all of a sudden, I heard a crow coming from my coop!!! Whoever it was stopped before I got there, but I think it's Jacob. He's significantly bigger than Claudie, he has some "real" feathers on his tail, he has a bigger comb, he has a wattle and his head feathers (forget what they're called) aren't as rounded. They are approximately 15 weeks old (they were 3 weeks when I got them almost exactly 3 months ago). I don't know why I'm so excited, we don't have rules against roosters but we do have a noise ordinance, so I hope my neighbors don't complain.

2. <3ChickenForever

<3ChickenForever Fire Is Catching

Feb 20, 2011
    WI
    You should keep him.. only if he's nice to anyone that goes near him.

3. vanilla.exe

vanilla.exe Chirping

<3ChickenForever :

You should keep him.. only if he's nice to anyone that goes near him.

I plan on keeping him. He's been giving me a little bit of trouble lately when it comes to moving him from the coop to the run and vice versa (goes where I can't reach him, doesn't like being picked up) but other than that he's a sweetheart. As long as my neighbors don't complain about him, he has a home with me.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by