1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I have a sleeping injury.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by insiderart, Sep 22, 2009.

1. insiderart

insiderart Obviously Insane

Apr 30, 2009
    Arkansas
    A couple days ago I woke up with a kink in my neck. I thought it was better today.. but nope tonight it's flared back up. Sleeping injury!

2. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

My mother in law woke up one night and put her foot on the wall beside the bed....except I guess she was half asleep because her foot went through the wall!!

She told us all about it the next morning [​IMG]

DH kicked me in his sleep the other day. Talk about a sleeping injury.

Straaaaaaaaange things happen when we're asleep!

3. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    I had a neck thing like that last summer that took me down for a week- I finally went to the doc who prescribed hard-core muscle relaxants and a massage...could have been worse!

It worked, too!

4. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

I took DH to the chiropractor just this morning for neck problems. Maybe it's in the air?

5. Eggs4Sale

Eggs4Sale Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    Quote:This happens to DH regularly due to his job. It happens to me sometimes, too, because I have 3 kids. [​IMG]
    I take two Motrin (must be ibuprofin) and use the blue heating pad thing from Walgreens that you pop in the oven for 2 minutes. Reheat over and over and over.

6. insiderart

Apr 30, 2009
    Arkansas
    Well I have tried the heat pad tonight, and I just took two naproxen, so here's hoping....

7. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    [​IMG]

8. insiderart

Apr 30, 2009
    Arkansas
    Quote:Aww thanks!

Takes a lot of talent to get an injury while sleeping!

9. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    A year or so ago I was on pain meds from pulling my back. Hubby put a comforter on me, and i rolled over decked him and said "keep your darn blanket" while still snoring. [​IMG] Apperantly codine makes me an angry sleeper. [​IMG]

10. insiderart

Apr 30, 2009
    Arkansas
    Quote:LOL!

Once I totally spasmed my lower back when I raised my leg to shave it. Shaving injury!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by