1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I have a slight problem......

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Moonwalker, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Moonwalker

Moonwalker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
    It has just been brought to my attention that I am going to have to come up with names for ALL of the new critters!
    Got any suggestions?

I think I'll name the turkeys Larry, Moe and Curly
    but that still leaves me with:

1 pair Khaki ducks (1 male, 1 female)

2 pairs Rouen Ducks (2 males, 2 females)

11 BO pullets

1 BO roo
    (I think they are BO's)

4 Buttercups

2 Eygyptian Fayoumis
    Fahtima and Sahara (for hens)
    Karnak and Sphinx (for roos)

11 EE's

2 yellow/grey (no one has been able to tell me what they are)they have long, lavendar colored legs
    [​IMG]

2 yellow with chipmunk stripes, coming to a point on forehead(no breed ID as yet)
    [​IMG]

2. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    I only have names for my special birds because I dont want to try to remember 40 names. Call them "Birds", its easier. [​IMG]

3. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Hi, I have 5 bufflacedpolish, and I couldn't name them till I could tell them apart. There was a person on Ebay who offered any mix of any size of any color, and I banded them, and now they have names, mostly food names, dessert or candybars , even tho I won't eat them

4. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    Why do you have to name them?

5. swampducks

swampducks Overrun With Guineas

Feb 29, 2008
    Barton City, MI
    I didn't name mine though others have tried. DH named my big pekin l'Orange and my neighbor tried to name them after presidents. I just call them collectively "ducky doos". They seem to understand me. I think. I have no idea if I'll name any of the chickens. DH will probably call them breakfast, lunch and dinner. [​IMG]

6. Moonwalker

Moonwalker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
    I have named the 2 emus at work "Bird" and "Bird" so if you go into the pen and cal "Here, Bird, Bird" they both come running! Funny how that works!
    I probably won't name ALL of them, especially since I have 12 that look alike (at least at this point) but I know I'll end up naming quite a few of these guys.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by