I Have a Very Frustrated New Layer!

I had one pullet that wouldn't use the nest until I took the golf balls out of the nest...so maybe take the balls out of one nest and see what happens?

They can act pretty neurotic when they first start laying, can take up to a couple weeks for them to figure it out ans settle down.

I had one pullet that wouldn't use the nest until I took the golf balls out of the nest...so maybe take the balls out of one nest and see what happens?

They can act pretty neurotic when they first start laying, can take up to a couple weeks for them to figure it out ans settle down.
Good info..... One more thing I have to remember.....

I will try that, thanks! I know they are confused when they first begin, but since she laid her first egg during the night while sleeping on the roost, she keeps going back to the PDZ sand poop tray to lay...In the morning I might put a scrap piece of plywood up there so she "can't" lay there. I realize that may send her into a tizzie, but I'll settle for her laying on the coop floor or out in the run, but not the poop tray!
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom