I have a weird looking rooster

Pics
As far as behavior goes, have you noticed anything out of the ordinary? :) Wing dancing, crowing, tidbitting for the hens?

~Alex

He crows all the time, not as much as my other rooster does though. He kind of gets pushy with hens, like nipping at them and chasing them around, but he never wing dances or tries to mate with them.

He crows all the time, not as much as my other rooster does though. He kind of gets pushy with hens, like nipping at them and chasing them around, but he never wing dances or tries to mate with them.
Fascinating little bird! Sounds strikingly similar to my Cooties, except "it" wing dances prolifically. :rolleyes:

Has Scruffy always been different? Comb development earlier than the pullets?

~Alex

View attachment 1664839
He is a black tail Japanese mixed mutt, I call him Scruffy. I've read and heard that roosters aren't suppose to have colors like he does. And I've had doubts that he's actually even a real rooster at all. He crows, not as often as his brother and it doesnt sound like a normal crow.
View attachment 1664841
This is his brother. A very normal looking rooster right? Seeing the two of them you can probably see why I have speculations. He looks just like his twin sisters, I want to know of anyone else has had roosters that display hen characteristics like this.
(I've been wanting to make a thread about this for a while and I wasn't sure what forum it should go into. My apologies if it's not the right one)

Hi there,
Have you heard that there is hens that crow? Yes, how old are these siblings? Looks as this one looks from the comb on top is a she! Have you seen this one in the nesting area at all? There is dominate hens and you look like you have one ; )

I believe the first pick is a hen and second is a roo but I get so confused too because boys can be hen-feathered and like humans not have interest in girls and girls will sometimes crow and not lay eggs.

Back
Top Bottom