I have all cockerels don't I???

I would expect quite a bit more red and larger combs at this age if they are male. Granted every chick develops at their own rate, but normally this breed is pretty obvious by 4-5 weeks. 😊
Gotcha, yea my other 2 cockerels are quite obvious. The 2nd pic is from a few weeks ago, but he had a waddle at just a few weeks old.

Attachments

• 20210604_091103.jpg
    20210604_091103.jpg
    640.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210525_083239.jpg
    20210525_083239.jpg
    623.1 KB · Views: 7
I'm merely guessing, as I have no experience with cochins. I believe the 2nd one could be female.
My heart bleeds for you. I've had hatches with all males, hatches with 2/3 males, never EVER have I had an all female hatch.:( I always think it's time..so I keep trying.
Good luck. I hope both are female!

I'm merely guessing, as I have no experience with cochins. I believe the 2nd one could be female.
My heart bleeds for you. I've had hatches with all males, hatches with 2/3 males, never EVER have I had an all female hatch.:( I always think it's time..so I keep trying.
Good luck. I hope both are female!
Thanks! I have 9 more assorted bantams in the brooder so here's hoping most of them are female!

Here is an updated pic of the 2nd chicken pictured. They are right at 9 weeks old now. Thoughts??
It looks the same to me as it did at 7 weeks. I’m not sure but I had a BCM pullet that developed early like this so I’m hoping pullet for you. I know @Overo Mare can help you again though. Good luck! :)

It looks the same to me as it did at 7 weeks. I’m not sure but I had a BCM pullet that developed early like this so I’m hoping pullet for you. I know @Overo Mare can help you again though. Good luck! :)
Thanks! I'm sure hoping it's pullet because the other 2 cockerels are getting dispatched this weekend. Lol

Back
Top Bottom