I have another broody

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by okiehen, May 28, 2008.

1. okiehen

okiehen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2007
    Oklahoma
    [​IMG] I have a new broody, she is a mix breed hen. She went broody last year. I set her up with eggs and waited she would get off the nest every day to eat drink poop. Then back to the nest. She did have a egg explode under her that was a mess. And she broke up right at day 19 [​IMG].
    I didn't have a bator to put them in we lost all the chicks.
    I was put out with her. [​IMG]
    So now she is back to broody, and right now she is setting on 4 fake eggs. I'm wanting to try her again this year. And now I have a bator to back her up with if needed. I'm thinking it was the bad egg that did it last time.
    So now I need to get husband to say yes to getting more eggs. I don't want to use my eggs as I don't want any more mix breed chicks. I'm wanting to go pure only.
    So now I just need to work my charm [​IMG]. Wish me luck [​IMG]

2. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Good Luck!! [​IMG] My hubby let me get some eggs for my broody - she hatched out only 2, a couple broke under her really early on (day 3 or 4)

One of my other hens looks to be getting the broody thing - and my husband said NO MORE CHICKENS!!!! So I'll have to figure out how to help this other broody..... [​IMG] Perhaps a duck egg or three....
    Hey Chickens aren't ducks right? so he said no more chickens - I can work with that! [​IMG]

3. okiehen

okiehen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I'm getting a dozen pure Barred Rocks on Monday. [​IMG]

{Perhaps a duck egg or three.... ducks are not chickens.}
    there you go you got it figured out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by