1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I have babies!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by aimee, Mar 2, 2007.

1. aimee

aimee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2007
    Lake WaConDa, NE
    I finally got to go and pick out my chicks!!!

We were originally only going to get one, then my DH said I could get two so the one would have a friend. Then we got to the store and we ended up getting three. A Buff, RIR, and a EE. They're all pullets and now he's saying maybe we should find a rooster too. How funny is that? The store we went to didn't have any but there's another store in a different town by us where we go to Wal-Mart so we just might have to stop in there and see what they have. [​IMG]

And here they are.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Awww, they're beautiful Aimee! Nice choices and I'm glad you got three. Your girls will be glad too for the company. I bet you're having fun with them. [​IMG]

Jody

3. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Luv that second shot with the two cuddling! Have fun, so glad you got three!

4. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    aimee, congrats on the new peeps. Think hard on getting a roo, they have only one thing on their mind and with only 3 pullets he would be hard on them.

If you don't want baby peeps it is something to consider. The hens will lay fine and be happier without the constant mating, which can cause stress, just a thought.

bigzio

5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I wouldn't worry about finding a roo chick... there are always mistakes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by